Mon 20 Nov 2017, 10:10 pm by GBDawg1

» Divisional Playoff Reports
Mon 20 Nov 2017, 6:45 am by MattyE88

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

GBDawg1

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

OFFICIAL MADDEN TIPS, TACTICS AND FORMATIONS REQUESTS.

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OFFICIAL MADDEN TIPS, TACTICS AND FORMATIONS REQUESTS.

Post by tru11 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:13 pm

You got question or need help with certain players, plays , formation or just looking for some tips to stop certain players or plays just post here so we can help each other out.

no nano or exploits here please only if you wanna stop them.
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICIAL MADDEN TIPS, TACTICS AND FORMATIONS REQUESTS.

Post by tru11 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:18 pm

usually i get sacks by blitzing and let the compu do that while i manually cover the area thats open, but if you wanna user tackle i suggest just to hold down sprint all the way to the QB. that how i get sacks with lewis.
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by sped83 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:20 pm

Ok for me one area I need to improve on is pressure to the QB with the D-Line. Do you guys use the right analog stick when engaged with offensive linemen?

Similarly I keep getting burned for big plays in the secondary but don't want to play soft zones which will just allow passes underneath all day. Any tips for that too?

Last edited by sped83 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

sped83
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by nev-d83 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:20 pm

Not so much a question, more just a quirk I thought I'd share. Played an online game last night as panthers vs colts. The random weather selector chose heavy snow, and it made kick coverage impossible. Even with my 97 power kicker, i could only get it to the 15 yard line, and that seemed to make returning kicks much easier (i had 3 TD's and a 4th called back for a hold, and he had 2 tds)

Just wondered if anyone has come across any of the other weather conditions affecting other parts of the game
nev-d83
Rookie
Rookie

http://twitter.com/1FightingIrish

Back to top Go down

Post by sped83 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:28 pm

Haven't seen much adverse weather conditions, but the Texans play in a dome so obviously rain/snow not a factor. However, at the coin toss, sometimes it says the temperature is 175F, which I think is a about 80c. It could just be me but I think that's a little 'toasty' to be playing football in...

sped83
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:38 pm

@ texans best is to let your d-line be controlled by cpu. And always mix it up. try crashing your d-line towards mario which gives him the best change to get you a sack. or try an outwards crash. but beware it also leaves you vulnarable for runs. if you manually control an end try running around the tackle and use a spin/ finesse move. with mario you should cause alot of pressure. i suggest do the training simulator and go in practice to get a good feel for it.

@ panthers

rain leads to alot of fumbles if hitsticked right but in generally i dont think weather has any effect at all expect wind kicking and maybe deep throws.
with kick coverage i just make sure the guy i contro from the start get past his first blocker untouhed then i switch to the closest and make him be unblocked and force the runner to my unblocked player. even if the runner breaks the tackle my team should be around him by that time.
also it benefits you if you have speed on coverage and the are usually the player in the number 3 slot i think.
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:40 pm

@sped83 wrote:Haven't seen much adverse weather conditions, but the Texans play in a dome so obviously rain/snow not a factor. However, at the coin toss, sometimes it says the temperature is 175F, which I think is a about 80c. It could just be me but I think that's a little 'toasty' to be playing football in...

thats just one of the many errors in madden Laughing
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by btlrals on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:45 pm

you know what really p*** me off these days playing madden 10!? illegal contact and pass interference calls are not there. how often did i see opponents LB´s blocking my guys running inside routes or even making them trip. no flag but most likely an interception. that´s rediculous. i never saw penalty flags exept for holding, offside, encroachment, false start and pass inteference but only when you are defending by yourself and try to get to the ball. great job ea
btlrals
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:51 pm

@btlrals wrote:you know what really p*** me off these days playing madden 10!? illegal contact and pass interference calls are not there. how often did i see opponents LB´s blocking my guys running inside routes or even making them trip. no flag but most likely an interception. that´s rediculous. i never saw penalty flags exept for holding, offside, encroachment, false start and pass inteference but only when you are defending by yourself and try to get to the ball. great job ea

i feel you on this. i still wonder how the f*ck they could let some like blocking a kick off be in this game. thats the biggest crap ever. Shocked
or darren sproles truking haloti ngata Shocked
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 5:02 pm

I have problems stopping sped83's HB. What do you suggest? Perhaps I could just remove him from his roster? Very Happy

Seriously though, its right about the penalties. I have never seen holding given against the defence. As soon as the official starts his call, you know it's going to be against the O.

Also, challenges seem screwed. I challenged a catch where you could see the receiver only got one foot in bounds........."The call on the field stands"

Another question: how do you beat tjoko? I remember when I played him I actually started thinking Ray Lewis was my QB. He must like Carson Palmer a lot.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nev-d83 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 5:06 pm

Palmer must have been so happy when he heard he was going to be traded. Finally, a life without having to face the Raven twice a season.... Oh, wait....

And yes, I am sorry but sped83 is clearly cheating by using Slaton to devastating effect. I think he should be forced to trade for the broken Williams as punishment, I promise to totally underutilise Slaton's talents for the rest of his career.
nev-d83
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sped83 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 5:18 pm

Haha. You will find it's not just Slaton that is a machine. Any HB with good speed is lethal on Madden, especially when they get into the open field. Imagine running the Wildcat to Devin Hester (99 SPD), that would take some stopping.

sped83
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 5:20 pm

lolz yall think slaton is tough , try facing makino. dude is faster then lightning. still p*** i allowed a 100 yard rusher and suprisingly he dont fumble lolz.

best defense was forcing him to run threw the middle. so d-line outside rush and spread your linebackers. also use a blitz look at times.

and hell no im gonna tell how to defeat me lolz Laughing
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 5:22 pm

@sped83 wrote:Haha. You will find it's not just Slaton that is a machine. Any HB with good speed is lethal on Madden, especially when they get into the open field. Imagine running the Wildcat to Devin Hester (99 SPD), that would take some stopping.

he is right . rice is just an 88 speed but he is lethal . to bad he is injured. wish i had an speedster. ow i got some good ways to stop the wildcat.
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by nev-d83 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 5:35 pm

Deangelo Williams is as quick as Makino with better acceleration and agility, and vastly better in all other rating that make you hard to bring down (elusiveness, trucking etc). When he went down injured my season pretty much ended.

(ps: this will be the last post i make bitching and moaning about that injury!)
nev-d83
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 6:58 pm

hahahaha dude i your pain , but stewart is good use him between the tackels. power plays work with him.
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Tue 24 Nov 2009, 7:26 am

@sped83 wrote:Ok for me one area I need to improve on is pressure to the QB with the D-Line. Do you guys use the right analog stick when engaged with offensive linemen?

Similarly I keep getting burned for big plays in the secondary but don't want to play soft zones which will just allow passes underneath all day. Any tips for that too?

I use the analog stick quite a bit, I also run a lot of 4 man fronts. I also shift the line to the strong side, spread them apart and stuff like that if you mix it up you will hurry the QB a lot. Also don't be scared to blitz. Give trying to blitz to much will in turn beat you in the end. Which come back to mixing it up.

Also I run a lot of cover 3 deep which covers deep, but the rest of your secondary will be in man. As long you are good with you sticks you can absolutely destroy an offense. You will give up yards but if you can stop them 4 or 5 times a game and you have a decent offense you should walk away with a W
dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

http://www.twitch.tv/dbatch2

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Tue 24 Nov 2009, 7:32 am

@nev-d83 wrote:Not so much a question, more just a quirk I thought I'd share. Played an online game last night as panthers vs colts. The random weather selector chose heavy snow, and it made kick coverage impossible. Even with my 97 power kicker, i could only get it to the 15 yard line, and that seemed to make returning kicks much easier (i had 3 TD's and a 4th called back for a hold, and he had 2 tds)

Just wondered if anyone has come across any of the other weather conditions affecting other parts of the game

Of course rainy weather kills the offense, Dropped passes and players more prone to get stripped/fumble. Wind Im sure you all know will kill the Special Teams. But thats why i love the oh squib kick. Keep it low out of the when usually gets down close to the 25 by the time the guy gets on the ball your all over him. Im surprised you didnt use the oh squib kick on him in the game. Im sure would have stopped a few of the Special Team TDs
dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Tue 24 Nov 2009, 7:36 am

@btlrals wrote:you know what really p*** me off these days playing madden 10!? illegal contact and pass interference calls are not there. how often did i see opponents LB´s blocking my guys running inside routes or even making them trip. no flag but most likely an interception. that´s rediculous. i never saw penalty flags exept for holding, offside, encroachment, false start and pass inteference but only when you are defending by yourself and try to get to the ball. great job ea

I do have to say I have pulled a few illegal contact calls off of the D. I would be running outside by the side lines playing someone online. Right as the guy he is controlling gets close I juke out of bounds right as we lays a hit stick on me. Gets illegal contact about 80% of the time.
dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by nev-d83 on Tue 24 Nov 2009, 8:32 am

@dbatch2 wrote:
@nev-d83 wrote:Not so much a question, more just a quirk I thought I'd share. Played an online game last night as panthers vs colts. The random weather selector chose heavy snow, and it made kick coverage impossible. Even with my 97 power kicker, i could only get it to the 15 yard line, and that seemed to make returning kicks much easier (i had 3 TD's and a 4th called back for a hold, and he had 2 tds)

Of course rainy weather kills the offense, Dropped passes and players more prone to get stripped/fumble. Wind Im sure you all know will kill the Special Teams. But thats why i love the oh squib kick. Keep it low out of the when usually gets down close to the 25 by the time the guy gets on the ball your all over him. Im surprised you didnt use the oh squib kick on him in the game. Im sure would have stopped a few of the Special Team TDs

Last 3 times I have squib kicked it it has been caught on the full by someone around the 35 yard line, which has meant they are at least at the halfway line before I tackle them. The last time, Randle-el broke the first tackle and scored !
nev-d83
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Tue 24 Nov 2009, 10:22 pm

Hmm.. The squib kick is very touchy. I have had many times the ball has been caught by the guy by the 30-35. Also many times it has bounced out of bounds giving them the ball at the 40. Usually when it does work. I aim right up the middle aim as far down to the ground as i can go and kick it as straight as possible. Most of the time it hits around the 30 bouncing into the 20-25 bouncing around. I take control of the un blocked man and boost time he is picking up the ball to run. My guy and a few others are right on him. But it all comes down to how you are with the sticks. If the guy jukes and you fall on your face or run passed him you will be in trouble. All comes down to the sticks
dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 3:44 am

Ok guys, I was wanting to know if anyone would like to share there money plays. What I mean by money plays is plays that you find yourself using a few times in a drive. Something that you run about every game. Like I have a few.

I-Form- Mid Attack. Usually your FB will be open 80% of the time. If he is covered watch your TE he will break in mid field which will open it up for a 20+ yard gain.

Single back bunch- Play action Center Waggle. Your TE will be on a delay route first he will block then boom he bust lose for about a 5-10 yard gain. Give dont work everytime so if you have time continue to roll out on your boot leg. You will see you Squard receiver will be cutting across about 20 yards up field wait until he passes the LBs lead him just a little and its money.
dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by brin on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 8:17 am

I'm far too weak a player to give away any of my plays which actually gain yards...
On previous maddens I was always a fan of FB fake HB toss. Except for madden 2006 (?) when your HB would never catch it and it would always be a fumble - great if the computer did it though!
brin
Pop Warner

Back to top Go down

Post by sped83 on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 9:04 am

I'd be reluctant to give up my big plays as at the moment I suck. What I would say is, Steve Slaton + open field = TD.

sped83
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 9:51 am

I'll second that. No point in even bothering to chase him. Conserve your energy for something else.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top