SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

#TheEAFL

Latest topics
» Conference Championships, 21st - 22nd November
Xfactors Gameplay EmptyToday at 11:48 by Nautilus90

» TRU AWAY
Xfactors Gameplay EmptyToday at 7:40 by tru11

» Madden 20, Season 2 (Season 41 Overall)
Xfactors Gameplay EmptyToday at 6:27 by GBDawg1

» Super Bowl XLI
Xfactors Gameplay EmptyToday at 6:20 by GBDawg1

» Conference Championships
Xfactors Gameplay EmptyToday at 6:19 by GBDawg1

» Divisional Playoffs
Xfactors Gameplay EmptyToday at 6:18 by GBDawg1

» Wild Card Playoffs
Xfactors Gameplay EmptyToday at 6:18 by GBDawg1

» Week 17
Xfactors Gameplay EmptyToday at 6:17 by GBDawg1

» Week 16
Xfactors Gameplay EmptyToday at 6:17 by GBDawg1

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

tru11

Most users ever online was 114 on Tue 5 Nov - 3:37

Xfactors Gameplay

Go down

Xfactors Gameplay Empty Xfactors Gameplay

Post by Brooklynbk4 on Thu 26 Sep - 22:12

Are the X factors turned off? Played two games and they seem to be off once I got into the game.

Brooklynbk4
Pop Warner

Back to top Go down

Xfactors Gameplay Empty Re: Xfactors Gameplay

Post by MattyE88 on Fri 27 Sep - 2:17

Yeah ,I would like them on but got out voted 😥
It's like playing other Madden's without it on.
I feel it brings more authentic and realistic scenarios and also you have to game plan .

27 AFC EAST Titles
11 AFC Conference titles
SB 24,35,39 Champion

1 NFC East Title
PS3-PS4(2014) Record
Twitch Tv
UStream
NEW YOUTUBE

31/7/19
MattyE88
MattyE88
Moderator & League Detective
Moderator & League Detective

http://www.twitch.tv/mattye88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazer_Focus on Fri 27 Sep - 2:51

I noticed they weren't on too. Tbh the x factors are what makes this years gsme more enjoyable for me. Adds a bit more strategy to the game. If somebody is in the zone, they have to be accounted for. 

If Aaron Donald is in the zone and you don't double team him, you're asking for trouble... But double teaming him opens things up for players around him. 

Would love to have them turned on. Madden 19 with updated rosters with it turned off.
Lazer_Focus
Lazer_Focus
Pop Warner

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Fri 27 Sep - 4:50

It's arcade, that's why it's turned off. We discussed it on the committee and the majority wanted them turned off.

In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Sam Marty Bud Bill Chris Butch Romeo Eric Pat Rob Mike Hue  Freddie we trust
 photo kosarsig_zpscak1bmgg.gif
GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donniebrasco72 on Fri 27 Sep - 5:51

@GBDawg1 wrote:It's arcade, that's why it's turned off. We discussed it on the committee and the majority wanted them turned off.

Xfactors Gameplay 699204
Donniebrasco72
Donniebrasco72
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Fri 27 Sep - 5:57

Xfactors and superstar abilities lead to unreaistic game play.

Donald is a prime example.
With out it he still dominates and can get his sacks.
With it he can avg 5 sacks a game which is not sim.
The cpu has no way to deal with pass rushers.

Lockdown corners are still lockdown with out it on
Enforcers dont glitch and for multiple fumbles a game.

Right now the players are ready have the ratings to dominate.

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooklynbk4 on Fri 27 Sep - 20:06

@tru11 wrote:Xfactors and superstar abilities lead to unreaistic game play.

Don't agree with this at all. The X factors actually have strategy to them as you actually have to game plan for a Donald, Mack or a bosa who can wreck an offensive line like in real life. They are not 100% perfect but they make players like those stand out. Yes the ratings are higher then others but it also gives them the abilities that standard players don't have. Played the Bears in this league and never had to worry about Mack once as he had the same overall moves as DE whos rated significantly lower then him. Wish we could have had a league vote for that setting being turned off because it does change the game significantly

Brooklynbk4
Pop Warner

Back to top Go down

Post by warlow on Sat 28 Sep - 5:36

I agree with @Brooklynbk4
@Brooklynbk4 wrote:
@tru11 wrote:Xfactors and superstar abilities lead to unreaistic game play.

Don't agree with this at all. The X factors actually have strategy to them as you actually have to game plan for a Donald, Mack or a bosa who can wreck an offensive line like in real life. They are not 100% perfect but they make players like those stand out. Yes the ratings are higher then others but it also gives them the abilities that standard players don't have. Played the Bears in this league and never had to worry about Mack once as he had the same overall moves as DE whos rated significantly lower then him. Wish we could have had a league vote for that setting being turned off because it does change the game significantly

Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by GeordieAlfie on Sat 28 Sep - 7:16

Well I am pleased they are turned off. We have a wide range of players' abilities in this league and I consider myself one of those who if this was a football league, would be desperately struggling to avoid relegation.

With all due respect to the Minnesota owner, it's patently obvious already that he is one of the better players in the league, yet he and the Patriots owner (who I believe has the best team overall) want these rather silly (IMO) traits turned on so that when one of these players gets "in the zone" they are virtually unstoppable, such as Mahomes, who I see has been elevated even further to a 99 because presumably because he could complete a pass into quadruple coverage while on the run wasn't enough for some.

As tru says, Donald being able to get that many sacks per game is ridiculous. He's only had 1 in 3 games in RL - hardly a one-man wrecking crew. Brooklynbk would probably argue that this is because teams have schemed to take care of him, which might be partly true, but not on every down. 4-5 sacks per game might happen very occasionally in an NFL game, but no every game.

If we take the top 10 of the sack list both of the EAFL and the NFL, we have:

NFL: 43 total sacks
EAFL: 48 total sacks

1. The NFL has completed 3 weeks + 1 game, whereas the EAFL has completed 3 weeks + 9 games (at the time of writing). I'd say that was fairly even. In fact, I've just worked it out and based on the average stats, if you take the EAFL through to the end of week 4, then there should be another 5 sacks or so from the top 10.

2. So what would mean is this:
NFL over 3 weeks: 43/49 games = 0.878 sacks per game
EAFL extrapolated over 4 weeks: 53 sacks/59 games = 0.898 sacks per game.

Ok, this is only taking the top 10 from both the NFL and EAFL but the numbers are pretty close, which says to me that we have things right as they are.

Turning these traits on is just going to make the weak teams weaker and the strong teams stronger. There are huge disparities as it is. I struggled on with Buffalo for a couple of years but could not compete with New England because a) their team was light years ahead of mine and b) so was their owner's ability. Now I am finding life no better at NO where the cpu can miraculously complete 3rd and longs at will).

Anyway my point is that if this league is to survive, the way forward is not to widen the gap between the top and bottom players even further, it's to keep it competitive. I'm not talking about even teams as such, but there's no need to widen the gap even further. The poor players need to have their days in the sun occasionally, because who wants to lose every week? Even in my relatively short time here, I have seen a number of players join the league and then leave after a few weeks because they can't stomach losing.

If you create elite teams then all you will end up with is half a dozen elite players or so playing with those, and no one will be interesting in taking teams like the Bills or Jets.
GeordieAlfie
GeordieAlfie
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooklynbk4 on Sat 28 Sep - 16:08

@GeordieAlfie wrote:Well I am pleased they are turned off. We have a wide range of players' abilities in this league and I consider myself one of those who if this was a football league, would be desperately struggling to avoid relegation.

With all due respect to the Minnesota owner, it's patently obvious already that he is one of the better players in the league, yet he and the Patriots owner (who I believe has the best team overall) want these rather silly (IMO) traits turned on so that when one of these players gets "in the zone" they are virtually unstoppable, such as Mahomes, who I see has been elevated even further to a 99 because presumably because he could complete a pass into quadruple coverage while on the run wasn't enough for some.

As tru says, Donald being able to get that many sacks per game is ridiculous. He's only had 1 in 3 games in RL - hardly a one-man wrecking crew. Brooklynbk would probably argue that this is because teams have schemed to take care of him, which might be partly true, but not on every down. 4-5 sacks per game might happen very occasionally in an NFL game, but no every game.

If we take the top 10 of the sack list both of the EAFL and the NFL, we have:

NFL: 43 total sacks
EAFL: 48 total sacks

1. The NFL has completed 3 weeks + 1 game, whereas the EAFL has completed 3 weeks + 9 games (at the time of writing). I'd say that was fairly even. In fact, I've just worked it out and based on the average stats, if you take the EAFL through to the end of week 4, then there should be another 5 sacks or so from the top 10.

2. So what would mean is this:
NFL over 3 weeks: 43/49 games = 0.878 sacks per game
EAFL extrapolated over 4 weeks: 53 sacks/59 games = 0.898 sacks per game.

Ok, this is only taking the top 10 from both the NFL and EAFL but the numbers are pretty close, which says to me that we have things right as they are.

Turning these traits on is just going to make the weak teams weaker and the strong teams stronger. There are huge disparities as it is. I struggled on with Buffalo for a couple of years but could not compete with New England because a) their team was light years ahead of mine and b) so was their owner's ability. Now I am finding life no better at NO where the cpu can miraculously complete 3rd and longs at will).

Anyway my point is that if this league is to survive, the way forward is not to widen the gap between the top and bottom players even further, it's to keep it competitive. I'm not talking about even teams as such, but there's no need to widen the gap even further. The poor players need to have their days in the sun occasionally, because who wants to lose every week? Even in my relatively short time here, I have seen a number of players join the league and then leave after a few weeks because they can't stomach losing.

If you create elite teams then all you will end up with is half a dozen elite players or so playing with those, and no one will be interesting in taking teams like the Bills or Jets.

Well thank you for the compliment lol. But the traits don't make teams overpowered. The abilities were added to the game to help star players stand out from other players in the league. Yes they can get in the zone but they can also be taken out of it which in turn adds strategy to the game along with playing the user. Playing without the x factors makes the players all feel the same really and takes part of the strategy out the game.

Brooklynbk4
Pop Warner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooklynbk4 on Mon 30 Sep - 0:00

So no way we can have a vote within the league regarding this setting?

Brooklynbk4
Pop Warner

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Mon 30 Sep - 6:38

I don't see the groundswell of support for it. You have been the most vocal over it; only two others have supported the idea.

Generally, we put things to a vote if we can't decide what to do. That wasn't the case in this instance.

In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Sam Marty Bud Bill Chris Butch Romeo Eric Pat Rob Mike Hue  Freddie we trust
GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooklynbk4 on Mon 30 Sep - 14:25

Dont' think most have thought it was up for a vote how bout we make a poll?

Brooklynbk4
Pop Warner

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Mon 30 Sep - 17:44

A vote and a poll are one and the same thing. I have already said that the committee has made the decision.

I don't see anyone else coming out and being bothered about this.

GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 30 Sep - 18:26

Give lamar jackson his ability and odds are i wont loose a single for the remainder of this game if i feel
Like it.

Dude is mike vick on steriods.

Add in brown who gets to 98 speed and has 2 sick abilities as well.

It will be very arcade and not sim to those in the receiving wnd lol

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11
tru11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum