November 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

#TheEAFL

Latest topics
» Wild Card Playoffs, 15th - 17th November
Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** EmptyYesterday at 10:07 am by tottenhamdan

» NFL General Chat
Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** EmptyYesterday at 9:15 am by warlow

» Madden 20, Season 1 (Season 40 Overall) FINAL Standings
Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** EmptyThu 14 Nov 2019, 9:53 pm by GBDawg1

» Week 17 FINAL
Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** EmptyThu 14 Nov 2019, 9:38 pm by GBDawg1

» Texans - Dolphins Trade
Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** EmptyWed 13 Nov 2019, 5:54 am by tru11

» Owners' List, Madden 20, Season 1 (Season 40 Overall)
Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019, 11:11 pm by GBDawg1

» Week 17 Matchups, 10th - 12th November
Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019, 7:47 pm by GBDawg1

» Week 16 Standings
Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019, 10:12 pm by GBDawg1

» Week 16 FINAL
Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019, 10:11 pm by GBDawg1

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 114 on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 3:37 am

Second Notice to the New Members **Please Read**

Go down

Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** Empty Second Notice to the New Members **Please Read**

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 6:19 pm

We have had a lot of new owners join the EAFL recently, but I'm not sure that they fully understand what playing in a league is all about. As a consequence, many of those who joined following MCFCDAP's recruitment drive have either left or been booted already. For those who remain, if you want to be in, there are ways of not letting that happen to you. I know this does not apply to all of you, because a few have embraced what it's all about.

1. I have encouraged people to read the rules and that's one of the first things anyone should do, but many didn't and we had new owners breaking rules before they had even played a game. Here is the link. League Rules . At first glance, it all might seem a bit daunting, but they are there for a reason. Please read, digest and follow them.

2. For those who can't be bothered to read them, here are things you definitely need to pay attention to within the rules:
Gameplay rules, especially running up the score
Trading rules

If you don't read the rules though, be advised they apply to everyone and while I am lenient at first, if, I see rules being broken, we issue warnings and bans in this league and ignorance of the rules is not an excuse for breaking them.

3. Arranging Games. This has been the biggest problem. Some of the new owners have joined, then either not come onto this site, or not come on and posted anything, or maybe played one game and thought that's it, disappeared for a while, reappeared and so on. One even joined, played a game (I think) and then put himself on AP for the rest of the season. Anyway, the bottom line is that we play two games per week. The "Madden weeks" run from Sunday - Tuesday and Wednesday - Saturday. The advance for each week takes place officially at 10 pm on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Sometimes this might be a little early, if I see that no one is playing by about 9:15 pm, they won't get a game in before the advance so I might advance early. So don't go starting games after 9 pm and expect I will wait around for you to finish. I might occasionally, but I need to be asked in advance and don't make a habit of it. The preferred way to arrange your games in in the weekly matchup thread ( for an example Click Here.  

4. Going on AP. If you can't play, then go on AP and notify your opponent.

5. Don't come onto the site on the day of the advance trying to arrange your game for that evening. You might be lucky and get it in, but the chances are that if your opponent has been trying to arrange the game and you have not responded, I will have put you on AP already. Most of the owners on here work, lead busy lives, have families and don't have the time to chase people for answers all the time (this includes me). I will endeavour to be as helpful as possible, but I might not always be around when you want me so don't come on here on a Tuesday or Saturday evening asking me to put so-and-so on AP, because I may not be around to do it.

6. Try to be as active on the site as you can. That's why it's here: anyone can post or start threads.

7. One final thing: don't despair if you find you are struggling at first. Remember, it's very hard to win the Super Bowl and only 1/32 teams succeeds. Practice makes perfect, so they say. It's not all about winning. I should know, as after 10 years, best I have managed is one conference championship appearance, which didn't go too well.

Any questions, please post them in this thread.

Last edited by GBDawg1 on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 11:01 am; edited 3 times in total

In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Sam Marty Bud Bill Chris Butch Romeo Eric Pat Rob Mike Hue  Freddie we trust
 photo kosarsig_zpscak1bmgg.gif
GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Second Notice to the New Members  **Please Read** Empty Re: Second Notice to the New Members **Please Read**

Post by GBDawg1 on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 7:32 am

Another thing:
Would the new members please update their profiles - at the very least with a team-related avatar (their Madden team).

In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Sam Marty Bud Bill Chris Butch Romeo Eric Pat Rob Mike Hue  Freddie we trust
 photo kosarsig_zpscak1bmgg.gif
GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down