August 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

#TheEAFL

Latest topics
» Monster Patch, Madden 20, Version 1.10
Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next EmptyWed 21 Aug 2019, 11:26 am by GBDawg1

» Owners' List, Madden 20, Season 1 (Season 40 Overall)
Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next EmptySat 17 Aug 2019, 6:05 am by GBDawg1

» Madden 20 rules
Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next EmptySun 11 Aug 2019, 8:17 pm by Brooklynbk4

» sliders tdawgs xp and charter gameplay
Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next EmptyWed 07 Aug 2019, 1:24 pm by tottenhamdan

» Madden 20 Sign-Up Thread
Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next EmptyTue 06 Aug 2019, 10:05 pm by GBDawg1

» Colts away
Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next EmptyTue 06 Aug 2019, 11:52 am by MCFCDAP

» Happy Madden Day
Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next EmptyFri 02 Aug 2019, 5:45 pm by tottenhamdan

» Free trial of Madden 20
Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next EmptyThu 01 Aug 2019, 2:42 am by tottenhamdan

» Happy Birthday!
Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019, 5:29 pm by GBDawg1

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 76 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 6:20 pm

Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next

Go down

Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next Empty Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next

Post by GBDawg1 on Sat 05 Jan 2019, 7:10 am

As so many of you joined yesterday, rather than send you all personal messages (pms - and many of you have unread pms in your inboxes, so please check), I thought it would be easier to put out a so called "Global Announcement", so here goes

First, thanks for signing up and welcome to the league. Please take some time to find your way around the site and learn where things are. Most information you need is on the site somewhere: it's just a case of finding the right posts in the right sections.

Probably most importantly, please ensure you read and understand the rules. They are adjusted from time to time as the game changes as new Maddens are released, but here is the link for how they are at present:

https://www.theeafl.com/t6550-eafl-league-rules-madden-19

We play two games per week and the advance is on Tuesdays and Saturdays at 10 pm UK time. All of the season's fixtures are shown in the calendar section, which you can access by clicking on "Calendar" next to the Home button. I also post weekly fixtures in the Weekly Matchups, Game Arrangements and Reports section, normally 3 weeks ahead. You can make your game arrangements in the relevant thread in this section or by sending your opponent a pm. You can also tag them in the game thread to make them aware you have posted ( see https://www.theeafl.com/t5688-tagging-other-owners-new-feature ).

I publish the standings - normally each week - in the standings and owners' list section. Also here you will find a list of the owners and their time zones in relation to UK time. All of owners are European-based at the moment - the biggest time difference at present is UK +3 (+2 in summer as they don't use Daylight saving) with an guy who lives in Belarus. We have had US owners over the years, but they have to be prepared to play at European times. We don't have any at the moment.

Please sign up for Daddyleagues at www.daddyleagues.com.  If you already have, then apply to join our league at www.daddyleagues.com/EAFL . Let me know when you have done this (send me a pm) and I will allocate your team.

Please complete your profile as much as you would like, but at the very least please ensure you have an avatar related to the team you have been allocated. It would also be appreciated if you would post in this thread, to tell us a bit about yourself:

https://www.theeafl.com/t12-introduce-yourself

Those are the main points: if you have any questions, let me know. I will be sending all the invites out this morning.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy being with us.

Footnote: We have a rule that you can't switch teams during the Madden season - so the only time you can is when the new Madden comes out and that of course is subject to availability. The only exception to this is if your favourite team becomes available, when a switch is allowed. There is a thread in which you can declare who your favourite team is.

Last edited by GBDawg1 on Sun 03 Feb 2019, 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total

In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Sam Marty Bud Bill Chris Butch Romeo Eric Pat Rob Mike Hue  Freddie we trust
 photo kosarsig_zpscak1bmgg.gif
GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next Empty Re: Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next

Post by GBDawg1 on Sat 05 Jan 2019, 8:46 am

All invites have now been sent, except:

tomby1237 - it says your user ID is "not associated with Madden 19". This normally means you haven't loaded the game yet, so please let me know when this has been fixed and I will retry.

Bluejay8794 - invite sent but unable to send friend request because of your settings.

All others: please accept your invitations asap.

In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Sam Marty Bud Bill Chris Butch Romeo Eric Pat Rob Mike Hue  Freddie we trust
GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next Empty Re: Welcome to all the New Owners - What to do next

Post by GBDawg1 on Sat 05 Jan 2019, 10:22 am

One final thing: as there are so many of you with invites pending, if you have any questions, rather than sending me pms, please post them in this thread and then anyone who was thinking of posting the same thing can see the answer. I will get the ball rolling:

Q: Are we allowed to beat the commish?
A: No.

GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sat 05 Jan 2019, 12:08 pm

Just a reminder (and please read all posts here) to PLEASE read the rules before you start trying to do anything.

https://www.theeafl.com/t6550-eafl-league-rules-madden-19

GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 15 Jan 2019, 7:35 am

There's an old saying that goes along the lines of "If something appears too good to be true, it probably is".

That seems to be the case in certain quarters with some of our new owners.
Two have not yet accepted their invites.
Two have not been on the site, nor played any games since the weekend of 5-6 Jan.
Five have not been on the site since last Wednesday/Thursday and again, don't seem to be arranging their games.

Happily, a few do seem to be getting involved and playing their games, but if anyone who thinks they are on the above list wants to be off it, then it would be a good idea to start checking in and getting involved. The idea of this league is to play your games. If you don't want to do that, then no point being here.

I will give it another week before starting to remove people.

@MCFCDAP - please get in touch with the non-participants on your FB page to see what is going on.

GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 6:37 pm

Could the new owners please put a team-related (their Madden team) avatar against their profiles. Thanks.

GBDawg1
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down