November 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

#TheEAFL

Latest topics
» Beat The Bosses - New Season
Yesterday at 6:59 pm by MCFCDAP

» Divisional Playoffs 17-19 November
Yesterday at 5:48 pm by Rilester11

» OFF Season Schedule(Dates TBC)
Yesterday at 4:23 pm by MattyE88

» Wild Card Playoffs FINAL
Sat 17 Nov 2018, 4:31 pm by GBDawg1

» WC Advance Delay-Texans @ KC KO 11AM Tomorrow
Sat 17 Nov 2018, 11:32 am by MattyE88

» Dawg Away
Fri 16 Nov 2018, 4:54 pm by GBDawg1

» Wild Card Playoffs, 14-16 November **Note Advance Date**
Fri 16 Nov 2018, 12:39 pm by Blitzburgh4891

» Madden 19, Season 2
Thu 15 Nov 2018, 5:05 pm by GBDawg1

» Super Bowl XXXVII
Thu 15 Nov 2018, 4:54 pm by GBDawg1

Poll

What is your preferred time and day for the draft?

67% 67% [ 8 ]
25% 25% [ 3 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 76 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 6:20 pm

Free Agency Draft

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by Yabbas_Turd on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 9:51 pm

@GBDawg1 wrote:
@Yabbas_Turd wrote:
@GBDawg1 wrote:Paul: Just pick it when you get home and then repost in the thread.

Atlanta is concerned about adding to their 4th-ranked roster.
I'm sure you'd p*** your pants if Mayfield or Garrett was missing from the Browns.
The roster is wrong and you just expect me to say that's ok, but you're going to remove Kendricks because he goes to jail? Is Edelman suspended for 4 games? Is Winston?

I get the distinct impression that there are a lot of things you are unhappy about in this league. Just beacuse league X, Y and Z does things a certain way, it doesn't mean that there should, or will be uniformity across any leagues you play in. We change things from time to time, but in respect of the FA draft, it's actually gone a lot more smoothly than I expected. Here we are, only in week 2 of pre-season and it's almost all over.

I'm not sure what you expect me to do about the roster: I don't work for EA and I don't have any method whereby I can hack the system and fix what you are unhappy about. For 36 seasons, we have waited until the updated roster has been released and used that. Everyone accepts that, because that's what we do here.

I have already posted another thread about what rules we use regarding players who are off limits - seek and ye shall find. If you or anyone else wants to draft kendricks they can, but if he goes to jail then you have to release him. That's what we do here.

I understand you don't agree with many of the rules (or so it appears) which is probably like being in any other club. You agree with some and maybe not with others, but ultimately (unless the rules change - which they do here from time to time) you go along with them because that's simply the way it is. Hopefully the good outweighs the bad.
The easiest way to apply all the rules you want is to start your own league - then you have free reign to do whatever you like.

I wrote the rules for this league when we started back in Madden 10 and they have been updated numerous times to take into account changes within the game. That will continue to be the case. As other long-standing owners will attest, sometimes we put things to the vote and sometimes we (the committee) make the decisions. An analogy is the government making decisions or holding referenda. I've found that with the latter, there is normally a fairly poor turnout from the voters, so we only tend to use this option where there is a split with the committee. I might also add that I know several other leagues have copied the rules we have here (as we have been around longer than most) and adjusted them slightly to change things they don't like.

Lastly, in terms of injuries and/or players missing from my team, may I remind you that since Day 1 I have had the Browns, which have been the lowest-rated team more often than not and I have had my fair share of season-ending injuries to the few decent players I may have had on the roster. I like to win as much as the next man, but it's not the be and end all - and it's only a game.

That's whole lot of response for nothing more than you downloading an updated roster after 1 game had been played, unfortunate and irksome if it happens to your team which is why I asked where he was. 
I wasn't expecting uniformity, just a fair and even process for selecting players within the game, your system effectively gives the last player choosing two FA choices before anyone else as they will have made their selection and with your 1st round being complete make another instantly, there are 31 weaker teams won't have that option, something to think about in future, or not, your league, your rules as you say.
I don't require any analogies to understand fairness, just because you've done something for a long time, doesn't make you good at it or that process any fairer than it is. 
Once again you completely miss my point about rosters, you stated we'd start with week 1 rosters, not week 1.1, the Falcons finalised 53 had a fit and healthy Neal ready to start the season, you've started this league in preseason, I fail to see why there should be a penalty and saying just because it's what you do isn't a definitive and proper answer, your league rules are for the most part fine, I have no problem playing within them and just because you've been hampered by injuries within a game after a season starts is no cause of concern to me or anyone but you.

_________________

  • EAFL Wall of shame.
  • 1st Season: Chicago Bears 9-6, 2nd NFC North 
  • 2nd Season: Atlanta Falcons 13-3, 1st NFC South  
avatar
Yabbas_Turd
Pop Warner

Posts : 66
Join date : 2018-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by MattyE88 on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 10:02 pm

If you follow Madden week 53 man roster came out Thursday night early hours before falcons .

And that's one we used. Clearly didn't read my message. As it's separate to cloud pre existing injuries.

_________________
(Patriots HC & Ex Giants HC)
30/35 Season Playoff 
Appearances
24 AFC EAST Titles
9 AFC Conference titles
SB 24,35 Champion

1 NFC East Title
PS3-PS4(2014) Record
Twitch Tv
UStream
NEW YOUTUBE

14/11/18
avatar
MattyE88
Moderator & League Detective
Moderator & League Detective

Posts : 4196
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 30
Location : London

http://www.twitch.tv/mattye88

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by Yabbas_Turd on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 10:22 pm

@MattyE88 wrote:If you follow Madden week 53 man roster came out Thursday night early hours before falcons .

And that's one we used. Clearly didn't read my message. As it's separate to cloud pre existing injuries.
It can't be the one you used.

Atlanta Falcons Pro Bowl strong safety Keanu Neal will miss the rest of the season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during Thursday's season-opening loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Neal twice departed the game because of left-knee issues. He did not return after the second injury occurred in the third quarter.

_________________

  • EAFL Wall of shame.
  • 1st Season: Chicago Bears 9-6, 2nd NFC North 
  • 2nd Season: Atlanta Falcons 13-3, 1st NFC South  
avatar
Yabbas_Turd
Pop Warner

Posts : 66
Join date : 2018-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by GBDawg1 on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 10:28 pm

@Yabbas_Turd wrote:
@GBDawg1 wrote:
@Yabbas_Turd wrote:
@GBDawg1 wrote:Paul: Just pick it when you get home and then repost in the thread.

Atlanta is concerned about adding to their 4th-ranked roster.
I'm sure you'd p*** your pants if Mayfield or Garrett was missing from the Browns.
The roster is wrong and you just expect me to say that's ok, but you're going to remove Kendricks because he goes to jail? Is Edelman suspended for 4 games? Is Winston?

I get the distinct impression that there are a lot of things you are unhappy about in this league. Just beacuse league X, Y and Z does things a certain way, it doesn't mean that there should, or will be uniformity across any leagues you play in. We change things from time to time, but in respect of the FA draft, it's actually gone a lot more smoothly than I expected. Here we are, only in week 2 of pre-season and it's almost all over.

I'm not sure what you expect me to do about the roster: I don't work for EA and I don't have any method whereby I can hack the system and fix what you are unhappy about. For 36 seasons, we have waited until the updated roster has been released and used that. Everyone accepts that, because that's what we do here.

I have already posted another thread about what rules we use regarding players who are off limits - seek and ye shall find. If you or anyone else wants to draft kendricks they can, but if he goes to jail then you have to release him. That's what we do here.

I understand you don't agree with many of the rules (or so it appears) which is probably like being in any other club. You agree with some and maybe not with others, but ultimately (unless the rules change - which they do here from time to time) you go along with them because that's simply the way it is. Hopefully the good outweighs the bad.
The easiest way to apply all the rules you want is to start your own league - then you have free reign to do whatever you like.

I wrote the rules for this league when we started back in Madden 10 and they have been updated numerous times to take into account changes within the game. That will continue to be the case. As other long-standing owners will attest, sometimes we put things to the vote and sometimes we (the committee) make the decisions. An analogy is the government making decisions or holding referenda. I've found that with the latter, there is normally a fairly poor turnout from the voters, so we only tend to use this option where there is a split with the committee. I might also add that I know several other leagues have copied the rules we have here (as we have been around longer than most) and adjusted them slightly to change things they don't like.

Lastly, in terms of injuries and/or players missing from my team, may I remind you that since Day 1 I have had the Browns, which have been the lowest-rated team more often than not and I have had my fair share of season-ending injuries to the few decent players I may have had on the roster. I like to win as much as the next man, but it's not the be and end all - and it's only a game.

That's whole lot of response for nothing more than you downloading an updated roster after 1 game had been played, unfortunate and irksome if it happens to your team which is why I asked where he was. 
I wasn't expecting uniformity, just a fair and even process for selecting players within the game, your system effectively gives the last player choosing two FA choices before anyone else as they will have made their selection and with your 1st round being complete make another instantly, there are 31 weaker teams won't have that option, something to think about in future, or not, your league, your rules as you say.
I don't require any analogies to understand fairness, just because you've done something for a long time, doesn't make you good at it or that process any fairer than it is. 
Once again you completely miss my point about rosters, you stated we'd start with week 1 rosters, not week 1.1, the Falcons finalised 53 had a fit and healthy Neal ready to start the season, you've started this league in preseason, I fail to see why there should be a penalty and saying just because it's what you do isn't a definitive and proper answer, your league rules are for the most part fine, I have no problem playing within them and just because you've been hampered by injuries within a game after a season starts is no cause of concern to me or anyone but you.

This is becoming rather tiresome, simply because you appear to want to transmit and not receive.

We have done something for a long time, yes, but we've changed what we do many times. Generally speaking, when it comes to FAs, there's not much of worth left after Round 1 anyway. Sorry you're not happy with the process, but that's the way it is for now. Sorry also that you are not happy with the rosters, but the league was created before Week 1 games were played. There was no further roster update after Thursday night's game - so what you have is what EA provided us with.

I made the comment about injuries I had sustained in the past simply because you alleged I would not be happy if I suffered a roster that was wrong or whatever. Fact is, my roster is not much to shout about and never has been, so 1 player wouldn't make a lot of difference to me.

You obviously don't rate this league very highly: you are entitled to your opinion and I don't take offence to your comments. I recall at one point you said you enjoyed being here because there was "less drama". You've obviously changed your tune and I would say the only drama here at the moment is this. Last season the only major drama was in the Conference Championships NFC game - or rather after it.

_________________
Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue ? we trust
 photo kosarsig_zpscak1bmgg.gif
avatar
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Posts : 11666
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 58
Location : Saint-Clément-Rancoudray, Normandie

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by Kobza on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 6:43 am

How long fa draft will continue?

_________________
avatar
Kobza
Junior

Posts : 602
Join date : 2013-06-06
Age : 29
Location : Kyiv, Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by bigjimmyaston on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 10:36 am

Steelers sign DT Cornelius Washington
avatar
bigjimmyaston
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 969
Join date : 2012-07-26
Age : 47
Location : Coventry

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by VL_coach on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 4:19 pm

@Kobza wrote:How long fa draft will continue?
the same question

_________________
The Job is Done
avatar
VL_coach
Sophomore

Posts : 498
Join date : 2014-12-30
Age : 32
Location : Vitebsk,Belarus

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by Rilester11 on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 10:41 am

Does the free for all start after the eagles pick ?

Sent from Topic'it App
avatar
Rilester11
Pop Warner

Posts : 77
Join date : 2018-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by warlow on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 2:53 pm

@Rilester11 wrote:Does the free for all start after the eagles pick ?

Sent from Topic'it App
Want to know to I need a lot of depth

_________________

Zeke
avatar
warlow
Sophomore

Posts : 533
Join date : 2013-10-23
Age : 34
Location : South Africa

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by GBDawg1 on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 3:09 pm

Rilester: have you made your pick? And please change your avatar.

_________________
Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue ? we trust
 photo kosarsig_zpscak1bmgg.gif
avatar
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Posts : 11666
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 58
Location : Saint-Clément-Rancoudray, Normandie

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by Rilester11 on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 3:12 pm

Yes I have made my pick , it’s the eagles pick

Sent from Topic'it App
avatar
Rilester11
Pop Warner

Posts : 77
Join date : 2018-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by Rilester11 on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 3:12 pm

Sorry been busy moving flat so not had much access to the internet to change my avatar

Sent from Topic'it App
avatar
Rilester11
Pop Warner

Posts : 77
Join date : 2018-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by Veeebs on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 9:01 pm

Eagles take ... Lorenzo Mauldin IV. Sorry for the delay boys.

_________________
Madden 18
Season #1: Seattle Seahawks 5-11, 3rd NFC North
Season #2: Seattle Seahawks 12-4, 2nd NFC North 
(Superbowl 35 Runner-up vs New England Patriots)

Madden 19
Season #1: Philadelphia Eagles, NFC East

avatar
Veeebs
High School Player

Posts : 124
Join date : 2018-03-21
Age : 27
Location : Manchester, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by Rilester11 on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 9:22 pm

Who ended up taking kendricks ?

Sent from Topic'it App
avatar
Rilester11
Pop Warner

Posts : 77
Join date : 2018-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agency Draft

Post by fraff on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 9:18 pm

Titans take Charles tapper 2nd pick
avatar
fraff
Team Captain
Team Captain

Posts : 1709
Join date : 2010-09-12
Age : 35
Location : Emigrated 2 watford

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum