Yesterday at 10:25 am by H64mmy

» M19-Regular/Playoffs Season 1-FA PICK UP RULES
Fri 19 Oct 2018, 3:15 pm by patriotscpfc

» Rules - A Reminder
Fri 19 Oct 2018, 1:56 pm by MattyE88

» sliders
Wed 17 Oct 2018, 12:24 pm by MattyE88

Poll

What is your preferred time and day for the draft?

56% 56% [ 5 ]
33% 33% [ 3 ]
11% 11% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 76 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 6:20 pm

Week 5 Game Reports

Go down

Week 5 Game Reports

Post by Veeebs on Thu 07 Jun 2018, 11:56 am

Seattle @ Los Angeles - Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

Both teams knew what this match-up meant to the fans. This was a Divisional contest which San Francisco and Arizona would be keeping a close eye on. Victory for the Rams, who had started their season with 2 wins and 2 losses, would put them deep into the hunt for a play-off spot. As for the Seahawks, who despite their initial defeat to the New York Giants in week one could produce their third straight victory today and stay in touch with the Cardinals and 49ers.

It was the Rams who started off with the football and despite some tough defensive efforts from the visiting 'Hawks delivering two sacks, Cody Kessler managed to produce a seven play drive and then score when he handed the ball off to Olsen who rumbled into the end zone with minimal resistance.

Russell Wilson tried his best to get the Seahawks level had to settle for a punt from midfield. Los Angeles took control again but could only manage a three and out. Defence ruled for a while longer until Rams kicker made the score 10-0 with 1:47 left on the clock in the 2nd quarter. 

This time the Seattle offensive unit appeared to recover some composure and put together an quick and effective drive downfield ending in Thomas Rawls sneaking into the end zone to end the half.

Fortunately, Rawls would not have to wait long for his second chance to score as he burst out of the blocks in the second half and sprinted into the end zone for a 53 yard screen pass from Russell Wilson. 

With the scoreline now in favour of Seattle, the Rams knew they had to start getting it together. QB for the Rams, Cody Kessler began using all tricks up his sleeve to push his team forwad but the iron-like defensive Seahawks wall held firm.

A FG early in the 4th quarter from Ryan Hutson gave the Seawhawks a seven point lead. Kessler, with hands on his head, sighed in deep relief. He knew conceding a TD there would've near enough ended the game, seeing as scoring had been so rare in this game. 

Bobby Wagner lead his defensive troops to the field. Both he and Kam Chancellor, experienced members of the team, could be seen giving their colleagues plenty of motivation, making sure they realised how crucial it was to keep the hungry Rams at bay. 

Smart play from Kessler led the Rams downfield chewing plenty of clock in the process. Just as he looked to complete a 30 yard pass sailing into the redzone his WR was unable to grasp the ball which was then somehow picked out of the air by a diving Kam Chancellor, stunning the Los Angeles Rams.

With the game surely won, Rawls tried to run out the game but was unable to get a 1st down forcing the Hawks to punt after 3 time-outs from the Rams. Suddenly, it was hail-mary time for Kessler and the Rams faithful. Sadly for them, the long pass fell short of his receivers and was intercepted, ending the game.

Final score: Seattle 17 - 10 Los Angeles

The Rams now head to the scorching, red hot Arizona Cardinals for another divisional match, hoping to bounce back and dent their rival's chance of securing the division title. Meanwhile, the Seahawks will turn their attention to the New York Jets when they visit the CenturyLink Field.

Season #1: Seattle Seahawks 5-11, 3rd NFC North
Season #2: Seattle Seahawks 12-4, 2nd NFC North 
(Superbowl 35 Runner-up vs New England Patriots)

Madden 19
Season #1: Philadelphia Eagles, NFC East

Veeebs
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 5 Game Reports

Post by GeordieAlfie on Sat 09 Jun 2018, 9:12 pm

Oakland 13-16 Buffalo

Another low-scoring game involving the Bills where they just managed to scrape a victory over the visiting Raiders. A late Jones TD in the 4th quarter sealed the deal after every other Buffalo drive stalled.

GeordieAlfie
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Sun 10 Jun 2018, 9:16 pm

I have accepted my warning for running up the score.

Here is the play that pushed it over the edge, with 6 minutes to go in the 4th Quarter. I stopped to go out of bounds and he literally pushed me in!!

Divisional Titles: 5 - AFC South - 4 (Jacksonville Jaguars x2, Houston Texans x 2), AFC West - 1 (San Diego Chargers) 
Play-off appearances: 6 - Play-off wins: 1 
Owner of the Lamar Miller 306yd rushing game.

@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by fraff on Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:29 pm

It doesn’t really do much justice you could of juked outwards instead of in you had the 1st down
fraff
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 7:43 am

@fraff wrote:It doesn’t really do much justice you could of juked outwards instead of in you had the 1st

If you stop doing anything, take a back step and get pushed into the end zone, that’s not my problem. I wanted to be tackled to let the clock run.

I’ve had 3 people throwing Touchdowns against me up 20 inside the 2MW. Meanwhile I’m having to kneel down with 6 minutes to go because I’m being thrown INTs inside the 10.

If people have to waste their time playing the CPU, then don’t complain when the CPU pushes you in

Divisional Titles: 5 - AFC South - 4 (Jacksonville Jaguars x2, Houston Texans x 2), AFC West - 1 (San Diego Chargers) 
Play-off appearances: 6 - Play-off wins: 1 
Owner of the Lamar Miller 306yd rushing game.

@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by fraff on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 12:19 pm

So it’s my fault you ran the score up because you played cpu and when did you get the field goal before or after the td u had the 1st down on that run there’s ur time off the clock running to the 1 yard line and getting pushed in isn’t using the clock
fraff
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 7:08 pm

Ok. Enough.

Moral of the story: break the rules and you will be punished. Miss your games and don't expect to win.

In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
 photo kosarsig_zpscak1bmgg.gif
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down