In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

mishgek

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

End of Season Cull Looming **Please Read**

Go down

End of Season Cull Looming **Please Read**

Post by GBDawg1 on Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:13 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen

As we lurch towards the end of another Madden season, I've been looking back over what has transpired over the past couple of months.

First of all, we lost quite a few long-standing owners at the end of Madden 17 and it has been a struggle to replace them. It's encouraging to see a few new owners in the league, but equally discouraging to see that several of those who are still around, don't seem to want to play their games, communicate with their opponents, write the odd game report or much else.

In the past, this league has generally been full or thereabouts and not since our inaugural season can I recall us having so many vacancies. The aim is always to get the league as full as we possibly can, but at the same time we want committed owners. We don't want owners who will play the odd game when they feel like it and just go AWOL for days or weeks.

Consequently, we may find ourselves in a situation come the end of the season where the number of vacancies actually rises, because there are a number of people who are not playing the games they should and I've had more messages this season than ever before along the lines of "I can't get a response from Player X, could you put him on AP please?" This is frustrating for everyone and it's something I struggle to comprehend. presumably, everyone who joined this league did so in order to play like-minded individuals and get involved in the EAFL community. Yet you'd be forgiven for thinking that they just wanted to have their team and have their games simmed or their opponent playing the cpu. normally, the stock excuse for this is "lack of time". yet I see these players who are apparently stretched for time, often regularly on their PS4s, playing Madden or something else - but they don't have time to play or arrange their games in this league.

I will be taking a look at all of these players at the end of the season and deciding whether we want them to maintain their presence in the league or boot them out. Some of them are long-standing owners and although it will be a shame a) to lose people who have been here a while and b) to have more vacancies, there really isn't any point in being in the league if you don't want to play. Everyone has to go on AP from time to time for a whole host of reasons, but this season it's been a case mostly of those who can't be bothered to play, can't or won't play the cpu, start playing the cpu and are getting a beating so quit the game (but of course claim it was a disconnect) or whatever else.

I'm not going to name names here and now, but if you think you might be one of the people to whom I'm referring, then you probably are. I am not going to bother chasing any of these people around: I will simply boot you and that will be that. So, if you suspect that you may be about to face the axe and you really want to stay part of the league, send me a pm and convince me that things will be different next season.

The ball's in your court.

Last edited by GBDawg1 on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: End of Season Cull Looming **Please Read**

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 6:59 pm

The first wave of these will take place after the Wild card play offs.

First to be cut will be:

New York Giants
Oakland
Philadelphia

Unless I get some compelling reasons to keep them in the league.

There are more to follow!

In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 7:51 pm

All 3 of the above have now been booted from the league.

The next list will be published tomorrow. Unfortunately this league is going through a low point at present with unreliable owners, but they will be weeded out and I think we are going to have to take some backward steps in order to get this league back to where it needs to be and should be.

We've been around for 32 seasons, which should illustrate the commitment that has been shown by those that run it. Sadly, that seems not to be reflected by several that don't or won't play their games for whatever reason. If it means more cpu games in the short to medium term, I'm sorry about that but at least you know the cpu will turn up when you want to play your game.

As I have said many times, all of you are encouraged to recruit anyone who may be interested, but we want reliable owners. What's the point of being in a league to have your games simmed and spend your time on AP?

GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:34 pm

A day late, but next on the list are :

Xipie (Falcons, disappeared)
Dzuba (Broncos, played hardly any games)
Manidifata (Packers, played hardly any games)

@Xipie
@dzuba
@manidifata

The deadline is Sunday night.

GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by manidifata on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:40 pm

If it's ok, i will be back full commitment from season2. Solved my problems and ready to go. But the last word is from Commish
manidifata
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

http://www.thegridirongamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DZUBA on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 10:17 am

I'm really disappointing because of this "cleaning". From side it's look like league was shot in one leg, we not trying to commit first aid for our injury, but we decide to shoot in second leg.

If my thoughts in a loud are not offended to you, I'm still ready to play.
DZUBA
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 12:37 pm

I'm not offended. I will send you a pm as I have with the others.

GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down