Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Games vs the CPU

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games vs the CPU

Post by GBDawg1 on Mon 10 Apr 2017, 6:36 pm

I've already made a post about the state of the league at the moment, but there are some things that I would also like to bring to your attention regarding that and also the games against the cpu.

Some people have been complaining about having too many games against the cpu. This is partly because we have too many vacancies (in my opinion) at the moment and also because people are going on APO a lot. I realise that some of you have stuff going on in your lives, especially at the moment and that it can make things difficult. However, I would like all of you to make the effort to play your games because no one enjoys playing against the cpu in this Madden ( or the last one, come to that).

Some take the view that a game against the cpu should be an automatic win, but I don't subscribe to that. I agree that good players should win more often than not, but if a game vs the cpu is a "guaranteed win", then what's the point of playing it? I believe it should be challenging. We have tried repeatedly to tone down the strength of the cpu, but it still presents itself as a difficult opponent - most of the time.

Too many cpu games results in more and more people leaving the league, which exacerbates the problem. So what are we doing about it? Well, we have put a few posts up on various sites to try to attract new owners, but it's not had a lot of effect. I understand our competition is having the same sort of problems in other leagues. Why is this? I have no idea. I think this Madden is a lot better than the last one - not perfect by any means but the best offering for a while. So what can you do about it? You can do two things:

1. Play your games and
2. If you know anyone else who is a potentially-reliable owner, encourage them to join the league.

It's up to you. It's a cliché, but true nonetheless: do you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution? We have a lot of people who have come and gone over the years, gone again and come back again. I realise people get bored, fed up, however you want to describe it, but if it keeps going at the rate it has this season with departures, there may no longer be a league for you to come back to at the end of Madden 17. So if you care about this league surviving, then I encourage you to help get these vacant slots filled.

Lastly, some of you may have noticed that we have had a clampdown on restarts against the cpu. It's now a one game ban. No exceptions. Repeat offenders will get longer bans and/or simmed losses against them. So don't do it: it's not worth it.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top