» Super Bowl XXXI, 2-3 August
Thu 03 Aug 2017, 7:14 am by manidifata

» Conference Championships FINAL
Wed 02 Aug 2017, 7:58 am by GBDawg1

» Conference Championships, 31 July - 1 August
Tue 01 Aug 2017, 5:02 pm by MattyE88

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Wildcard Game Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wildcard Game Report

Post by Donniebrasco72 on Sun 20 Nov 2016, 11:25 am

Oakland Raiders @ Indianapolis Colts

Washington scores in Wildcard overtime, Oakland tops Indianapolis 16-10

Indianapolis -- Deandre Washington got a chance, and so did the Oakland Raiders.

They made the most of both.

Washington scored on a 23 yard run with 4:11 left in overtime, and the Raiders escaped with a 16-10 win over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday - the first playoff victory for head coach Ryan Moore with his new team.

"We came out here away from home to showcase what we're about. Offensively I thought we didn't really get into any sort of rhythm and we've dodged a bullit," said Moore, who was in no celebratory mood in the post game press conference. "We have to do better."

Washington's game winner came after two perfect passes from Derek Carr and a couple of set-up runs from the rookie Washington to see the Raiders head towards the Divisional round next weekend.

Washington finished the game with 64 yards on ten carries scoring the game winner and with starting running back Latavius Murray out for the remainder of the season, the rookie will get a chance to continue his fairy tale end of season.

The Colts had their chances with kicker Vinatieri missing a 47 yard field goal on the very first drive of the game and receiving the ball after winning the OT coin toss.

Today was just not their day.

ESPN SportsCenter co-host Trey Wingo tweeted after the game......

TREY WINGO@WINGOZEA
Tough out for the Colts. Thought they played well enough to win. Breaks went the other way.

Colts head coach Donnie Brasco knew all about the breaks, losing both T Y Hilton and Dwayne Allen in the first quarter of the game and although quarterback Andrew Luck worked well with their replacements, he and the Colts didn't have enough to get over the finish line.

"Yeah it hurts," said Brasco after the game. "The 80 yard pass from Carr to Cooper in the third quarter was uncharacteristic from our D that has been good at stopping that all season and when Dorsett found the endzone for us with just six seconds left in regulation I thought the momentum was with our team." As quickly as it was, it wasn't.

On one of the rare occasions this season, the Colts kept the free scoring Raiders offence from entering the redzone the entire game and also kept them from clocking up any 3rd down conversions(0/6) and allowing just six first downs during the game. It was a completely different game from the week 16 blowout against the raiders(30-10) but the outcome was still the same.

What now for the Colts? Well, veteran players Mathis, Adams, Gore and Vinatieri wont be around next season and a big overhaul on the defence is needed. 

As for the Raiders, they can sit and watch the battle between the Bengals/Texans before learning their next destination and with the current run streak that they're on, I wouldn't count them out of any game and any opponent. They'll do that without star LB Khalil Mack who limped off the field in the first half and will now miss the remainder of the season. It's a tough break on Mack who has been one of the reasons for the current run and he was visibly upset after the game.

Final Score

Oakland Raiders 16 - 10 Indianapolis Colts
Donniebrasco72
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo

Back to top Go down

Re: Wildcard Game Report

Post by Donniebrasco72 on Sun 20 Nov 2016, 7:27 pm

Great game Ryan. I love these defensive games and this one was brilliant. Good luck on your playoff run and hope whoever steps in for Mack does well.
Donniebrasco72

Back to top Go down

Post by Epone on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 7:47 pm

Great read mate. Was probably one of the toughest games I've had all season and in the playoffs! Love a good defensive battle!
Epone
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by thaidai84 on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:13 pm

PHI 30 - SF 20

It was over when.......
On 4th down and in the redzone of the Eagles the Niners seemed to be pushing themselves firmly into a game they looked dead and buried in. However pressure from the edge led to a Kaepernick pass to hit the ground as he cocked back and the Eagles would kneel it out. Queue absolute scenes in the Linc

Gameball.....
Ryan Mathews helped the Eagles take firm control of the game. A 27 yard TD on the opening drive of the game along with a monster run of 80 yards to hit the pay dirt in the first half meant the Eagles went into the half 23-6 up. As the eagles only held the ball for 13.18 minutes his 14 carries for 175 yards meant they could keep control of the game. I'll the madness of the last 2 minutes.

Key stat......
The Niners had 7 visits to the red zone but could only score 20 points. The Eagles held them early to FGs early with them chasing the game they turned it over on downs twice and a pick as they Eagles could play a bend don't break defence. The tone was set on the opening drive for them niners Bradley fletcher having another pick 6 after a score against Dallas. 

Noteworthy.....
The Niners struggled to run the ball early and though were running at a respectable clip to finish(3.9ypc) the score dictated they be forced to pass......Blaine Gabberts initial struggles led to him being benched for Colin midway through the third. Kaepernick interceptions as down to a hit from Connor Barwn which popped into bradhams hands to run back for 6. Barwin also a sack fumble on 4th down which killed another chance for the Niners....bar a shot play in then the third being picked off Carson Wentz just needed to be solid And he was 7/12 114 yards including a drive that bled 3.5 minutes off the clock with the score 30-13 deep in the 4th. The Niners would score and recover the kick leading to some panic in the home fans. 

GG KOBZA that quick start helped me no end. the Eagles await the outcome of the Lions v the Rams to find out their opponent 
thaidai84
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kobza on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:16 pm

GG, I try my best with this team but for this roster it was too much pressure)) 
Bowman injury was the major problem, cause 49ers run defence doesnt exist without him... 
Good luck everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:03 pm

Congratulations Flash, that was a well-played game on both sides, just like our Week 16 match-up. Your tactical adjustments from that game bettered mine. Well played 

Look forward to the report and to another match-up in the near future.

Spoiler report: Missed XP, Blocked FG, 99yd KR all in this game!

Representing the Houston Texans in Madden 17
@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by flashmore on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:40 pm

After facing off in week 16, the Bengals and Texans had another tight encounter but this time it was the Bengals who came away with the win, which could be largely contributed to the struggles of the Texans kicker. He missed a FG on the opening drive of the game, and after the Bengals went 3-and-out on their drive, Will Fuller opened the scoring with a TD late in the first quarter, but the PAT was missed by the Texans kicker. Score at the end of the 1st was 6-0 Texans instead of what should have been 10-0.

Those turned out to be pivotal as 10-0 would have changed both teams game plan.

The Bengals hit back with a screen pass to Hill, who had the help of a couple of lucky blocks to make the score 7-6.

The Texans blocked a Nugent field goal attempt, a feat they also achieved in the week 16 matchup, which would have made the score 10-6 going into half time.

Half time score
Texans 6-7 Bengals

The Bengals extended their lead to 14-6 by returning the opening kick off of the 2nd half 99 yards for a TD.

After some good defensive play by the Bengals, the Texans were forced to punt. A great punt pinned the Bengals back at their own 1 yard line, and the Texans were able to capitalise by forcing a safety to take the score to 14-8

Both teams struggled to run the ball all game thanks to 2 very tough run defences, but the Bengals were able to add another 3 points which sealed the game. 

Final score
Texans 8-17 Bengals

MVP - Damiere Byrd. The speedy WR returned the opening kick off of the 2nd half for a TD and he had a couple of crucial catches whilst racking up 100+ yards.

Well played mate. Another really tough battle against you. I definitely feel like I got lucky with a couple of those big plays of mine and the missed FG and PAT.
flashmore
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:51 pm

ah that byrd fella.

i remember that dude from the 1st game lol.

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top