Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

PSN Ban

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSN Ban

Post by patriotscpfc on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 9:59 pm

They have taken my money for another year's subscription and have banned me.

No reason given, just this.

Representing the Houston Texans in Madden 17
@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Ban

Post by patriotscpfc on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 10:10 pm

Can someone check if I'm still in the league? I can't even login.

@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 10:32 pm

Yes you are still in the league. Have you tried contacting them? Does this happen every time you log on?

If they won't unlock your account, all you can do is set up another one - but if they won't let you play they should refund your money.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 8:41 am

@GBDawg1 wrote:Yes you are still in the league. Have you tried contacting them? Does this happen every time you log on?

If they won't unlock your account, all you can do is set up another one - but if they won't let you play they should refund your money.

Yep, both on PSN and on the app and websites too.

According to their terms, all bans are final. The Twitter account refuses to discuss it for that reason, there is no live chat option and their customer service helpline is only open for 6 hours Mon-Fri which is really unhelpful.

I contacted the twitter account 4 weeks ago due to password issues which they helped with, but they offered no help when I thought I was hacked a couple of weeks ago as I kept receiving emails about games being downloaded. It does seem rather coincidental after the recent network and server issues though

@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 9:07 am

So what are you going to do? Speak to their customer services? I assume you haven't been downloading any games?

YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 10:19 am

@GBDawg1 wrote:So what are you going to do? Speak to their customer services? I assume you haven't been downloading any games?
Nope, and there's no evidence of any download on PS.

Their Customer Services are terrible, they are refusing to talk online about it stating that banning decisions are final and to check my email. No communication by email, and it seems to have happened to multiple people.

I'll have to ring them tomorrow to get it fixed, but it's a joke that I'm having to do all the chasing up of it all.

@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by DZUBA on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 11:15 am

If they ban you right after payment, so probably their security system thought that tere might be a 
machination with payment card.
Probably twitter support won't help you, because they are L1 support and they working by instruction. You need to call or write an email about your situation. Somehow approve your person and they might unban you.
DZUBA
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 5:22 pm

what DZ said.

calling is the best option.

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Epone on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:56 pm

As I have been recently unbanned from PSN I thought I'd share my experience about it.

So I was banned after some suspicious transactions were made by a third party. I never bothered with their Twitter account as I called up their UK customer service immediately.

The customer service department is awful. Absolutely shocking stuff. They have absolutely no authority to make any decisions and refuse to put you onto anyone who can - I asked for a manager (which, as a customer, I have a right to ask) and they refused. They cited that they would arrange to for a manager to call me back within 48 hours (this never happened).

It was put into a queue-based system in which it escalates to an "expert" who handles the case - initially I was told it could take up a few days before the whole matter was resolved and I was happy enough with that as red-tape and protocol can clutter things up, etc.

This was not the case. I've only been unbanned since Friday and I was banned for over 2 weeks I believe. I had to call customer service 5 times and essentially hassle them into escalating it into the 2nd tier of their support and adding notes and notes stressing the urgency.

Every single person I spoke to could not give a toss that I was banned without an explanation and they will just cite "terms of service" if you become upset about the whole situation.

All in all, it was a horrible experience and I'm sorry that this has happened to you. You'll definitely have to call the support line and hassle them into giving you the account back - if they don't unban you then I would recommend at least filing an indemnity claim to get your money back but please note this will result in a ban of your PS4 entirely so consider that choice with caution.

Once it has been escalated to 2nd tier ask for a reference number - after that it can be anywhere from 1-2 weeks to a month just based on the research I did when I was banned.
Epone
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 7:00 pm

2 weeks? 

I'll be asking for a refund on my PSN money for the month then.

That is a serious joke!

@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Epone on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 7:16 pm

Good luck getting the refund - I was pretty adamant that I would like a refund for the time they banned me and they pretty much flat out refused.

Like I said - the customer service is absolutely shocking. I'd normally put it down to a bad day but this was over the course of 2 weeks and 5 phone calls - it's the staff they employee that have an attitude problem when you challenge what they say or try to encourage a little bit of proactivity on their part (e.g. callbacks, updates, etc)
Epone
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 9:45 pm

@Epone wrote:As I have been recently unbanned from PSN I thought I'd share my experience about it.

So I was banned after some suspicious transactions were made by a third party. I never bothered with their Twitter account as I called up their UK customer service immediately.

The customer service department is awful. Absolutely shocking stuff. They have absolutely no authority to make any decisions and refuse to put you onto anyone who can - I asked for a manager (which, as a customer, I have a right to ask) and they refused. They cited that they would arrange to for a manager to call me back within 48 hours (this never happened).

It was put into a queue-based system in which it escalates to an "expert" who handles the case - initially I was told it could take up a few days before the whole matter was resolved and I was happy enough with that as red-tape and protocol can clutter things up, etc.

This was not the case. I've only been unbanned since Friday and I was banned for over 2 weeks I believe. I had to call customer service 5 times and essentially hassle them into escalating it into the 2nd tier of their support and adding notes and notes stressing the urgency.

Every single person I spoke to could not give a toss that I was banned without an explanation and they will just cite "terms of service" if you become upset about the whole situation.

All in all, it was a horrible experience and I'm sorry that this has happened to you. You'll definitely have to call the support line and hassle them into giving you the account back - if they don't unban you then I would recommend at least filing an indemnity claim to get your money back but please note this will result in a ban of your PS4 entirely so consider that choice with caution.

Once it has been escalated to 2nd tier ask for a reference number - after that it can be anywhere from 1-2 weeks to a month just based on the research I did when I was banned.

All went pretty well then. This is what happens with vitual monopolies. I have no experience of xbox but I imagine they are just the same.

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 24 Oct 2016, 9:38 am

call tech support.

that is what i did when i found out my psn account was hacked on a sunday morning.

dude sorted it out in 5 minutes.

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by Epone on Mon 24 Oct 2016, 5:31 pm

@tru11 wrote:call tech support.

that is what i did when i found out my psn account was hacked on a sunday morning.

dude sorted it out in 5 minutes.

5 minutes lol. I feel sick looking at that. Was it recently Tru?
Epone
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Mon 24 Oct 2016, 5:58 pm

25 minutes waiting on the phone so far!

@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Mon 24 Oct 2016, 6:12 pm

Automatic security ban due to IP addresses using my account to download games. It's been escalated to the technical team to unban ASAP.

Now I'll just have to wait and see but could someone put me on a/p please so that DAP doesn't have to wait too long.

@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Tue 25 Oct 2016, 3:47 pm

Still not unbanned... Though was meant to be last night or early this morning. It's terrible Customer Service really.

Edit: Update from the Twitter page, they won't have an update for me on my case for a couple of days. 

I never had this issue with Microsoft.

@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Epone on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 6:28 pm

Yep. Can't say I'm surprised. They set expectations of a relatively quick fix and then prolong the process for as long as possible.

The customer service is awful.
Epone
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:39 pm

Back in the game.

Password changed as well!

@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain