September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar

#TheEAFL

Latest topics
» International Series Announcement
Today at 8:02 am by tru11

» Week 2 game reports
Today at 7:49 am by tru11

» Beat The Boss
Yesterday at 7:03 pm by MCFCDAP

» Week 2 Regular Season Matchups, 20-23 September
Yesterday at 8:51 am by Chimpy_Nuts

» Madden 18 - The Sign Up Thread for NEW and RETURNING Owners
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 9:27 pm by GBDawg1

» Week 3 Regular Season Matchups, 24-26 September
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 9:17 pm by GBDawg1

» Week 4 Matchups, 27-30 September
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 6:27 pm by Donniebrasco72

» New Season - Settings - Reminder
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 7:35 am by GBDawg1

» Week 1 Standings
Tue 19 Sep 2017, 10:15 pm by GBDawg1

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Brexit 2.0

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brexit 2.0

Post by bapminister on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:04 pm


_________________


#Threepeat +1
avatar
bapminister
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Posts : 3618
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 22
Location : Bray, Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by manidifata on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:08 pm

avatar
manidifata
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Posts : 2254
Join date : 2010-02-09
Age : 41
Location : Rome, Italy

http://www.thegridirongamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by bapminister on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:12 am

It's all gone very quiet from across the Irish Sea Smile

_________________


#Threepeat +1
avatar
bapminister
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Posts : 3618
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 22
Location : Bray, Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by warrior on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:54 am

Shhhh Smile
avatar
warrior
Freshman

Posts : 313
Join date : 2015-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by patriotscpfc on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 7:11 pm

Hodgson stood down and has taken every bit of flak.

Nowhere near enough has been aimed at the players who barring Vardy and Rashford, were absolutely shite.

I have no doubt that the FA asked Hodgson to reinstate Rooney into the team, because that team looked much better without him.

Tactically inept, lack of technical ability and a general lack of effort. Dreadful.

_________________
Divisional Titles: 4 - AFC South - 3 (Jacksonville Jaguars x1, Houston Texans x 2), AFC West - 1 (San Diego Chargers) 
Play-off appearances: 5 - Play-off wins: 1 
Owner of the 306yd rushing game with Lamar Miller.

Representing the Houston Texans in Madden 17
@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
avatar
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-07-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by MCFCDAP on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:21 am

patriotscpfc wrote:Hodgson stood down and has taken every bit of flak.

Nowhere near enough has been aimed at the players who barring Vardy and Rashford, were absolutely shite.

I have no doubt that the FA asked Hodgson to reinstate Rooney into the team, because that team looked much better without him.

Tactically inept, lack of technical ability and a general lack of effort. Dreadful.

I dont see how u can defend Vardy either, he did f**k all, mainly because England dont play Leicester football but he had a golden chance against Slovakia and missed. 

Just an absolute shambles, and i rarely agree with Harry Redknapp, but the idea that Gareth Southgate is our best option is terrifying.

I, for one, am done watching England, I refuse to waste anymore of my time watching that absolute shower of shite

_________________
Owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars

After countless rubbish, losing seasons I finally have one to be proud of.....

M15 - Season 1 - Jaguars 14-2 - AFC South Champions
M15 - Season 2 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 3 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 4 - Jaguars 4-12
M16 - Season 1 - Jaguars 3-13
M16 - Season 2 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 3 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 4 - Jaguars 8-8
M17 - Season 1 - Jaguars 4-12
M17 - Season 2 - Jaguars 6-10
M17 - Season 3 - Jaguars 6-10 (Injury hit year)

Overall - Jaguars 77-99-0
avatar
MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2009-11-28
Age : 29
Location : Manchester, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by patriotscpfc on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 3:14 pm

I was judging on the game against Iceland alone. At least he attempted to do something.

Kane, Rooney, Sterling. Wastes of time.

Alli out of position to suit Shrek.

Not playing Barkley is infuriating.

_________________
Divisional Titles: 4 - AFC South - 3 (Jacksonville Jaguars x1, Houston Texans x 2), AFC West - 1 (San Diego Chargers) 
Play-off appearances: 5 - Play-off wins: 1 
Owner of the 306yd rushing game with Lamar Miller.

Representing the Houston Texans in Madden 17
@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
avatar
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-07-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by patriotscpfc on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 3:17 pm

As for Southgate, the performance for the U21s a few years back in their tournament considering the squad he had was utterly diabolical.

I don't care who gets put in charge, but every option is shocking.

_________________
Divisional Titles: 4 - AFC South - 3 (Jacksonville Jaguars x1, Houston Texans x 2), AFC West - 1 (San Diego Chargers) 
Play-off appearances: 5 - Play-off wins: 1 
Owner of the 306yd rushing game with Lamar Miller.

Representing the Houston Texans in Madden 17
@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
avatar
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-07-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by bapminister on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 3:55 pm

MCFCDAP wrote:
patriotscpfc wrote:Hodgson stood down and has taken every bit of flak.

Nowhere near enough has been aimed at the players who barring Vardy and Rashford, were absolutely shite.

I have no doubt that the FA asked Hodgson to reinstate Rooney into the team, because that team looked much better without him.

Tactically inept, lack of technical ability and a general lack of effort. Dreadful.

I dont see how u can defend Vardy either, he did f**k all, mainly because England dont play Leicester football but he had a golden chance against Slovakia and missed. 

Just an absolute shambles, and i rarely agree with Harry Redknapp, but the idea that Gareth Southgate is our best option is terrifying.

I, for one, am done watching England, I refuse to waste anymore of my time watching that absolute shower of shite

What happened to RULE BRITANNIA? You'll 100% watch the WC qualifiers I bet Wink

_________________


#Threepeat +1
avatar
bapminister
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Posts : 3618
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 22
Location : Bray, Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by MCFCDAP on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 3:56 pm

bapminister wrote:
MCFCDAP wrote:
patriotscpfc wrote:Hodgson stood down and has taken every bit of flak.

Nowhere near enough has been aimed at the players who barring Vardy and Rashford, were absolutely shite.

I have no doubt that the FA asked Hodgson to reinstate Rooney into the team, because that team looked much better without him.

Tactically inept, lack of technical ability and a general lack of effort. Dreadful.

I dont see how u can defend Vardy either, he did f**k all, mainly because England dont play Leicester football but he had a golden chance against Slovakia and missed. 

Just an absolute shambles, and i rarely agree with Harry Redknapp, but the idea that Gareth Southgate is our best option is terrifying.

I, for one, am done watching England, I refuse to waste anymore of my time watching that absolute shower of shite

What happened to RULE BRITANNIA? You'll 100% watch the WC qualifiers I bet Wink

Rule Britannia relates to the country as a whole, our shambles of a football team is not part of that! ... I won't, I refuse!  I'm going to watch Northern Ireland instead, WILL GRIGGS ON FIRE!!

_________________
Owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars

After countless rubbish, losing seasons I finally have one to be proud of.....

M15 - Season 1 - Jaguars 14-2 - AFC South Champions
M15 - Season 2 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 3 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 4 - Jaguars 4-12
M16 - Season 1 - Jaguars 3-13
M16 - Season 2 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 3 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 4 - Jaguars 8-8
M17 - Season 1 - Jaguars 4-12
M17 - Season 2 - Jaguars 6-10
M17 - Season 3 - Jaguars 6-10 (Injury hit year)

Overall - Jaguars 77-99-0
avatar
MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2009-11-28
Age : 29
Location : Manchester, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by MattyE88 on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 5:23 pm

Rooney becoming a scapegoat ,our best players until iceland was walker,lallana and rooney.

The team was changed to fit sterling in,take him out you get a diamond formation if you bring in a mid or forward either way rooney at 10 or up top with kane.

_________________
(Patriots HC & Ex Giants HC)
26/30 Season Playoff 
Appearances
17 AFC EAST Titles
6 AFC Conference titles
6 SB Appearances
SB 24 Champion
1 NFC East Title

PS3-PS4(2014) Record
Twitch Tv
UStream
NEW YOUTUBE

23/07/17
avatar
MattyE88
Moderator & League Detective
Moderator & League Detective

Posts : 3800
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 29
Location : London

http://www.twitch.tv/mattye88

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by patriotscpfc on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 7:28 pm

MattyE88 wrote:Rooney becoming a scapegoat ,our best players until iceland was walker,lallana and rooney.

The team was changed to fit sterling in,take him out you get a diamond formation if you bring in a mid or forward either way rooney at 10 or up top with kane.
I disagree. Hitting long, floaty passes out to the flanks slows the play down when all we did in the build up to this tournament was play fast football. He has had one decent game in midfield and that was the cup final and that was only because we let him do whatever the f**k he wanted.

The best system this season was Alli behind Kane, and not using that was ridiculous.

I will go out on a limb and say we should've played 532. Would've allowed the full backs freedom and width.
avatar
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-07-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by MattyE88 on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 8:22 pm

Blaming Rooney easy option, alli was not quick passing neither was i sot all the time kane. Both still feeling premier defeat.

Team as a whole was slow ,Didn't know what to do

Only time we looked quick and good was last 20 vs wales rashford vadry and studridge.

Everyone got hyped because we won a few games not convincing though,Germany took foot of gas and allowed us to get back.

Roy decision on set pieces and personal was all wrong. Kane not in box because he dont want his nose broke has to be reason surely because he in no way has better delivery then others on pitch.

Rashford showed what a winger should do run and keep running at full backs and not stop start check back crap sterling and studridge showed that what slows played down most. Holding on to it too long,no movement Didn't help as there ego wants to be the on to score not assist .

Lingard a winger,Townsend ? Roy messed up trying to fit a supposedly winger who is shocking at this moment into his squad .By selecting lallana told me he anted to go diamond. You dont play one winger in a 433 line up 

Hart think too big for his boots why pep thinking need a GK,he went for the late camera saves and it back fired,his distribution is shocking.

I would gone diamond 

Hart
Clyne stones smalling rose
Future CB partners clyne better defender 

Dier
Lallana Alli 
Rooney 

Kane rashford 
Off form kane starts but on form no fear high on confidence rashford on bench ,same as vardy missee a sitter tbf lol

 433 you go with rooney record goalscorer up top with rashford and vardy as wingers there direct and quick

_________________
(Patriots HC & Ex Giants HC)
26/30 Season Playoff 
Appearances
17 AFC EAST Titles
6 AFC Conference titles
6 SB Appearances
SB 24 Champion
1 NFC East Title

PS3-PS4(2014) Record
Twitch Tv
UStream
NEW YOUTUBE

23/07/17
avatar
MattyE88
Moderator & League Detective
Moderator & League Detective

Posts : 3800
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 29
Location : London

http://www.twitch.tv/mattye88

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by GBDawg1 on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:05 pm

bapminister wrote:
MCFCDAP wrote:
patriotscpfc wrote:Hodgson stood down and has taken every bit of flak.

Nowhere near enough has been aimed at the players who barring Vardy and Rashford, were absolutely shite.

I have no doubt that the FA asked Hodgson to reinstate Rooney into the team, because that team looked much better without him.

Tactically inept, lack of technical ability and a general lack of effort. Dreadful.

I dont see how u can defend Vardy either, he did f**k all, mainly because England dont play Leicester football but he had a golden chance against Slovakia and missed. 

Just an absolute shambles, and i rarely agree with Harry Redknapp, but the idea that Gareth Southgate is our best option is terrifying.

I, for one, am done watching England, I refuse to waste anymore of my time watching that absolute shower of shite

What happened to RULE BRITANNIA? You'll 100% watch the WC qualifiers I bet Wink

I don't see that you have too much to chow about Bap, watching England reserves with Papa Smurf as assistant manager. They only got out of the group because Italy didn't give a toss as they had already won it.

Anyway, I've kept my powder dry until now, but let's make no bones about it: this was the most embarrassing defeat England have suffered in my rather long lifetime, but it's something I've got used to over the years after growing up expecting England to win every game.

Nothing surprises me with the England team and that is why I did not watch one single qualifier and nor will I watch the world cup qualifiers. In fact, after that I might not bother at all unless perhaps we get to a semi-final.

Hardly any players came out of the tournament with any credit: Rashford wasn't ever on long enough to be able to make a difference and now needs to be given his wings and the only other one I thought played well was Lallana. I could not understand why he was constantly substituted when he played, and then to be dropped for Sterling in the last game was ridiculous.

England going forward were just playing square balls inside the Iceland half and when they did get into wide positions seemed reluctant to put the crosses in. It was like watching Arsenal trying to walk the ball into the net. The second half was a complete shambles.

Players who I would never pick again: Hart for one. What a joke. If Joe Corrigan was dead, he'd be turning in his grave. From memory (and I haven't googled it so might be wrong) he won one England cap. He (for those who don't know) was Man City's keeper in the 70's and Hart isn't worthy of lacing his boots. Unfortunately for Corrigan, we were blessed with plenty of good keepers in those days. He'd walk into the England side now.

Rooney was abysmal in the last game. Passes overhit time and time again: he's not a leader and when I think back to captains like Tony Adams and John Terry he doesn't come close. He is not a midfielder and plenty of others were out of position too. Sturridge on the right? What? Keegan played Southgate in front of the back 4 as a holding midfielder when we lost to Germany 0-1 in the last game at the old Wembley and got slaughtered for it. We had players in wrong positions all over the place to accommodate them.

Wilshere (and I have Gooner sympathies) should not have been in the squad when people like Townsend and Drinkwater were left at home.

I could go on for ages but the bottom line is that if you build your team around T*tt*nh*m players it isn't going to end well. I always thought Kane was overrated and now I know Alli is too. Hodgson should have taken him off at HT rather than Dier. Walker? Cline? Neither is international standard IMO. When you see Lee Dixon in the studio with only 22 caps - he's another that would walk into this side but only got a few caps because of Gary Neville. Rose was ok I suppose and Dier too at times but none of the others worth their places. OK, Kane was prepared to have a go but his finishing was woeful.

In a sense I am actually glad it's over but now we wait to see who the next clown through the FA's revolving door will be.

_________________


Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
avatar
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Posts : 10645
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 57
Location : Dibden Purlieu, Hampshire, UK

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by bapminister on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:46 pm

Meh, you can take a look at our best players this tournament and where they're from and change your opinion. 

Robbie Brady - Dublin
Jeff Hendrick - Dublin
Shane Long - Gortnahoe, Tipperary
Seams Coleman -  Killybegs, Donegal
James McClean - Creggan Estate, Derry
Darren Randolph - around the corner from my house

_________________


#Threepeat +1
avatar
bapminister
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Posts : 3618
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 22
Location : Bray, Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by patriotscpfc on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:37 pm

Dropping Clyne for Walker pre-tournament smacked of stupidity. 

I've never seen Walker have an excellent game defensively, Clyne has done it all over the place.

He needs an end product, but I maintain that a player with a chaos factor like Zaha should have been in the squad. The Icelandics shat themselves when Rashford ran at them at the end. Having Townsend or Wilf doing that would've at least given a genuine width option.

What happened to the 442 Diamond that suited everybody, what happened to the pressing game that we had played in the friendlies? Why did we not adapt and adjust when playing different teams?

Poor management, poor coaching, lack of effort and teamwork, and a continual pushing of square pegs in round holes.

Stones, Smalling, Dier, Barkley, Alli, Kane. There's your spine for 5+ years. Get Butland in goal, coach up 2 bloody wingers or adjust the system. 

If the FA had any testicles, they'd go out and get Bielsa to change it up, but we'll end up with an idiot in charge. Either get passion or get ability, preferably both.

_________________
Divisional Titles: 4 - AFC South - 3 (Jacksonville Jaguars x1, Houston Texans x 2), AFC West - 1 (San Diego Chargers) 
Play-off appearances: 5 - Play-off wins: 1 
Owner of the 306yd rushing game with Lamar Miller.

Representing the Houston Texans in Madden 17
@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
avatar
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-07-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by Donniebrasco72 on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:34 pm

I don't watch international football as a rule and haven't done for ages. Not Just England but any international football because it's boring as f**k. I was forced to watch the Wales/Ireland game on Saturday because a friend of mine has gone all 'Welsh' after getting together with a Welsh lass and that game pretty much summed up everything that international football is all about.
I've not watched a single minute of any England games or any of the goals and get all my results thanks to twitter and Facebook.
Just one quick question, surely qualifiers and friendly games are for tinkering with players and formations so why play Rooney in midfield in the opening match and continue playing him there during the rest of the games?
I'm a premiership lad through and through and can't wait for that to start again.
avatar
Donniebrasco72
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 45
Location : Swindon, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by Donniebrasco72 on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:40 pm

patriotscpfc wrote:

Stones, Smalling, Dier, Barkley, Alli, Kane. There's your spine for 5+ years. Get Butland in goal, coach up 2 bloody wingers or adjust the system. 
Yes, yes bloody yes.

Why Barkley was left with splinters in his backside from the England bench is beyond me. Still have my reservations about Smalling but the rest look just fine.
avatar
Donniebrasco72
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 45
Location : Swindon, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by MCFCDAP on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:26 pm

My favourite thing is how United fans get defensive of their players like we are picking on him because he plays for United.  Rooney is past it, hes s*** and offered us absolutely nothing.  Its nothing to do with him playing in Stretford, its just a fact.

Hart, well his career is on a downward spiral and has been for a few years, i watch him week in week out, and yes he makes some great saves but his errors have become more and more often and cost us too much.

I think its a typical United thing to scapegoat Sterling, i am going to defend the lad, he had a shocking tournament but i actually thought he was one of our best players against Iceland, he didnt look scared to have a run or try something.

Fully agree with George, our best player was Lallana, and I've heard he was carrying a knock but if he wasn't, its a disgraceful decision to drop him!  He offers a lot more than most.

Alli, Kane, Dier, showed inexperience and that they aren't quite ready for all that pressure.  I like all 3 of them but they just didnt turn up, and thats worrying.

We need a few leaders, we lack a Gerrard, Terry (painful to say), even going back to when I was little, we miss an Adams, Pearce, Shearer, someone to inspire the team! Someone to drag them through when nothing is happening, we lack any of that, as Carragher said, this is the "academy generation" where they only just about tie their own shoes!! 

As for our next boss, I'd look no further than Glenn Hoddle, tactically spot on, knows the game, has managed England before and in my opinion should be given another go.

As I said, I refuse to watch any England game now until change comes, until improvements happen.  We will walk through qualifying for the World Cup, and have this belief again, just to be shot down in Russia (sadly, that might be literally for some)

Now though, I can enjoy the rest of the tournament, as long as Wales go out, i'm not too bothered!  I want either Belgium or Italy to win it!

_________________
Owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars

After countless rubbish, losing seasons I finally have one to be proud of.....

M15 - Season 1 - Jaguars 14-2 - AFC South Champions
M15 - Season 2 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 3 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 4 - Jaguars 4-12
M16 - Season 1 - Jaguars 3-13
M16 - Season 2 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 3 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 4 - Jaguars 8-8
M17 - Season 1 - Jaguars 4-12
M17 - Season 2 - Jaguars 6-10
M17 - Season 3 - Jaguars 6-10 (Injury hit year)

Overall - Jaguars 77-99-0
avatar
MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2009-11-28
Age : 29
Location : Manchester, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by MattyE88 on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 2:11 pm

Its nothing to do with clubs,i wished sterling was good but he wasn't. 

Rooney hasn't been great he is a shadow of what he used to be but he was one of our best players in GS along with lallana who was the best and walker and dier didnt do too bad.

But they all sucked when prrssure was on and losing.

_________________
(Patriots HC & Ex Giants HC)
26/30 Season Playoff 
Appearances
17 AFC EAST Titles
6 AFC Conference titles
6 SB Appearances
SB 24 Champion
1 NFC East Title

PS3-PS4(2014) Record
Twitch Tv
UStream
NEW YOUTUBE

23/07/17
avatar
MattyE88
Moderator & League Detective
Moderator & League Detective

Posts : 3800
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 29
Location : London

http://www.twitch.tv/mattye88

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by bapminister on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 3:17 pm



Let's all re-live this moment again Smile

_________________


#Threepeat +1
avatar
bapminister
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Posts : 3618
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 22
Location : Bray, Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by patriotscpfc on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 4:29 pm

Dap, I was talking to a GK Coach who used to play for the Palace academy today, and in the past, he's told me about how he doesn't particularly rate or trust Hart anymore.

He went on to talk about him being slow for a shot-stopping Keeper, and not great at distribution. And in his opinion, he's nowhere near the right fit for a Guardiola Keeper.

Something I noticed but it might be crap is he seems to be weak diving to his left. He gets there but doesn't save it strongly or deal with it well.

Has that been an issue at City? I didn't see much of the 2nd half of last season as I only watch MOTD if Palace have avoided defeat!

_________________
Divisional Titles: 4 - AFC South - 3 (Jacksonville Jaguars x1, Houston Texans x 2), AFC West - 1 (San Diego Chargers) 
Play-off appearances: 5 - Play-off wins: 1 
Owner of the 306yd rushing game with Lamar Miller.

Representing the Houston Texans in Madden 17
@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
avatar
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-07-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by tru11 on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 6:09 pm


_________________


Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
avatar
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Posts : 5544
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 32
Location : Amsterdam, Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by GBDawg1 on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 8:02 pm

Speaking as an ex-keeper, shot-stopping keepers are two a penny. The difference that separates the very good from the plain average is your ability on crosses and your positioning. If you are not a shot-stopper then you are nothing.

Unfortunately, England have a history of sticking with goalkeepers for too long after they have "gone over the top". An example of this was Peter Shilton, who, make no bones about it, was an excellent keeper but was kept in the England side for too long when Chris Woods was, in my view a better keeper at the time. When Woods eventually got the call, he was also past his best.

Probably the best two we have seen in my time though were Gordon Banks (most of you won't remember him but will have heard of him - at least I hope so!) and David Seaman. I don't need to go into detail over Banks but Seaman was better than a lot of people gave him credit for. You didn't see Seaman making saves "for the camera" because his positioning was his greatest attribute of all and he was generally in the right place at the right time. people will of course remember the goals he conceded in the Cup Winners' Cup Final and the game against  Brazil, both of which were similar but they were just freak occurrences and every keeper has those in their closets.

As for non-Englishmen, Pat Jennings was also a top-rate keeper and so was Bruce Grobbelaar. A lot of people reckoned Grobbelaar was a clown because yes, he did make the odd mistake in coming for a cross on the edge of his box and of course everyone remembers the mistakes. But 49 times out of 50 he'd pick that cross off and any central defender will tell you that the pressure that takes off the defence is immeasurable.  

What we have now in the shape of Hart doesn't come close to any of these. Unfortunately he seems to have lost his way and it's time for Buttland to take over.

Perhaps too, when the dust has settled over Brexit 1.0 (assuming it happens because I still have my doubts) it might end up being a positive thing for English football if work permits for every Tom, Dick and Sven are not handed out willy-nilly.

And I see Bap is still trolling. The word Schadenfreude springs to mind.


Last edited by GBDawg1 on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
avatar
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Posts : 10645
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 57
Location : Dibden Purlieu, Hampshire, UK

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit 2.0

Post by MattyE88 on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 8:36 pm

its a excuse used by millions saying its because of foreign players...if english are not good enough then don't get picked. 

If your good enough you will get picked no matter what.
These players need to believe there good enough and work hard instead of getting money then relaxing because there happy with what they got. So when they getvthere chance they need to be ready and show even the tinniest bit of potential when they can.

_________________
(Patriots HC & Ex Giants HC)
26/30 Season Playoff 
Appearances
17 AFC EAST Titles
6 AFC Conference titles
6 SB Appearances
SB 24 Champion
1 NFC East Title

PS3-PS4(2014) Record
Twitch Tv
UStream
NEW YOUTUBE

23/07/17
avatar
MattyE88
Moderator & League Detective
Moderator & League Detective

Posts : 3800
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 29
Location : London

http://www.twitch.tv/mattye88

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum