Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Gameplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gameplay

Post by GBDawg1 on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 2:28 pm

This season - up to the time of writing anyway - appears to have been going relatively smoothly with very few noteworthy infractions having taken place - or so it seems.

However, dig beneath the surface a bit and there is a slightly different story that emerges.

From some of the pms I have received this season, a number of owners playing "on the edge". What I mean by that is that their play is borderline as to whether it's sim or not. I have had several complaints about a whole range of things, but mostly they have been about plays or formations being used repetitively. There have been other issues too, about no shows and lateness for games.

I don't propose to go into absolutely everything that has been raised but will mention a few and would ask that you all think about what you are doing in games. If I continue to get complaints then we might have to take some action. I'd rather not do that and would prefer self-policing and restraint, but sometimes that doesn't happen and then we are forced to take action.

Here are some of the things That have been brought up:

• Overuse of specific plays
  • Overuse of specific formations
  • Over-blitzing
  • Overuse of zone
  • Excessive shotgun formations
  • Excessive rollouts
  • Excessive use of the screen

As I said, this list is not exhaustive, but a couple of things to add to this are that I have seen the PA rule on 3rd downs flouted (even in video highlights, see rules) and also a couple of people have objected to the "heavy" formation, which I believe appears in the Patriots playbook (it might be in others too) which hides your formation in terms of numbers of RBs/TEs/WRs. I'm not suggesting we might ban the Patriots playbook, but we might be forced to consider a ban on the formation should problems continue.

May I remind everyone that there is a rule on lateness which you are at liberty to implement if a player is late, and that is if he arrives later than 20 minutes past the scheduled start time, the player waiting can ask for his opponent to be put on AP so he can play the cpu. I know many of you have waived this rule at times because you would prefer to play human opponents. I also realise that sometimes things happen which prevent people playing when they thought they could. Not turning up is disrespectful and given that you can send psms (or indeed pms on here) on your mobile phones, there really is no excuse for not communicating either the fact you are running late or have to cancel. That brings me onto another point whereby I know some constantly chop and change their game arrangements. Again, sometimes things crop up unexpectedly over which you have little control but cancelling because a friend invited you out for a couple of beers is not acceptable and would result in your being put on AP if your opponent wanted it.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by patriotscpfc on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:15 pm

Do we have a particular definition for excessive, or would you say it is excessive in comparison to the real NFL.

I'll be honest here and say that in games, I've probably spent 2-3 drives purely using the shotgun, but that is when I'm trailing and chasing a game in the 2nd half. But, the various play books I use have a lot of different formations, and it's not repeated plays.

Whereas, if you're throwing a RB screen every drive, that's probably a little unrealistic.

I'd also suggest that maybe mentioning by message to your opponent if you think their play is a little cheesy, so that they know, as they might be unaware, especially as a new player. I was in that situation when I first started in the league, I didn't even realise I was doing wrong until I was told!

Representing the Houston Texans in Madden 17
@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by DZUBA on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:29 pm

Well in my opinion there should be no restriction for formations, specific plays and excessive shotgun formations. Why? Cause with this sliders PA doesn't work or it work in less then 10% calls. So from this moment there is hard to talk about any sim games. And with this problem I may throw 33% of my playbook into trash and 85% pass combinations from not shotgun or pistol formations. Just because I use Viks or Rams playbooks. So cause PA doesn't work, everyone know, that if I'm in Pro formation - I can't pass at all.
And what about Dolphins playbook. How we may appraise that game was sim or not if Dolphins' playbook on 85% comprises from shotgun or pistol formations?
DZUBA
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by Epone on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:38 pm

DZUBA wrote:Well in my opinion there should be no restriction for formations, specific plays and excessive shotgun formations. Why? Cause with this sliders PA doesn't work or it work in less then 10% calls. So from this moment there is hard to talk about any sim games. And with this problem I may throw 33% of my playbook into trash and 85% pass combinations from not shotgun or pistol formations. Just because I use Viks or Rams playbooks. So cause PA doesn't work, everyone know, that if I'm in Pro formation - I can't pass at all.
And what about Dolphins playbook. How we may appraise that game was sim or not if Dolphins' playbook on 85% comprises from shotgun or pistol formations?

Are you saying you can't run play action because of the sliders? If someone blitzes more than the 5 of your olineman and is predicting a pass then they will rush your QB. I would suggest identifying the blitz pre-snap or looking at your playcalling to see what you could do to throw your opponent off balance. I'm new here but I think it's a poor argument to immediately blame sliders when people want to have 5 seconds in the pocket - that simply does not happen in the NFL. 

I throw plenty from the pro/strong/weak formations and it is probably one of my favourite things to do as I believe it presents the defense with a problem - am I running/passing or is it play-action/screen? Whereas with a spread formation from the gun you have to put that dime unit out there to protect downfield.

Hope I made sense!
Epone
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by DZUBA on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 8:53 pm

@epone https://www.theeafl.com/t5838-pa-problem
DZUBA
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by Epone on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:35 pm

@dzuba

It does state in the thread that the sliders can be adjusted as long as people understand the consequences. If they have not been adjusted then I would assume that people are happy with the current settings. I use Rams playbook and I did not encounter the same difficulty as you when trying to select pass plays.
Epone
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 9:45 am

PA is pretty much workable.

you still need a QB with a high PA and use it when its not expected though.

if someone plays the pass it will fail no matter how your PA is.....

people need to keep in mind that PA is meant to deceive the opponent in faking a run.

if you aint running the ball you aint deceiving anyone nor using it in long distance situations.

1st and 10 , 2nd and long and 3rd and long you aint going to have any succes against me using PA thats for sure.

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenblue52 on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 10:02 am

The Patriots have a package that exploits the rules to take advantage of a dubious blindspot? Sounds pretty sim to me!
Ravenblue52
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 10:07 am

Ravenblue52 wrote:The Patriots have a package that exploits the rules to take advantage of a dubious blindspot? Sounds pretty sim to me!
lol! lol! lol!

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 11:31 am

tru11 wrote:PA is pretty much workable.

you still need a QB with a high PA and use it when its not expected though.

if someone plays the pass it will fail no matter how your PA is.....

people need to keep in mind that PA is meant to deceive the opponent in faking a run.

if you aint running the ball you aint deceiving anyone nor using it in long distance situations.

1st and 10 , 2nd and long and 3rd and long you aint going to have any succes against me using PA thats for sure.

With your team as it now is, most don't have any success against you running anything. I didn't give PA a go so maybe will in the rematch.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top