November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

#TheEAFL

Latest topics
» Super Bowl XXXII, 24 November
Today at 6:22 pm by GBDawg1

» Pick Six Week 11
Today at 6:21 pm by MCFCDAP

» Conference Championships FINAL
Today at 6:14 pm by GBDawg1

» Conference Championships, 21-22 November
Today at 5:35 pm by tru11

» Beat The Boss
Yesterday at 6:14 pm by Donniebrasco72

» End of Season Cull Looming **Please Read**
Tue 21 Nov 2017, 7:51 pm by GBDawg1

» Madden 18 - The Sign Up Thread for NEW and RETURNING Owners
Mon 20 Nov 2017, 10:54 pm by GBDawg1

» Divisional Playoffs FINAL
Mon 20 Nov 2017, 10:10 pm by GBDawg1

» Divisional Playoff Reports
Mon 20 Nov 2017, 6:45 am by MattyE88

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

GBDawg1

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Contract Details and Penalties

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contract Details and Penalties

Post by CaptPetrenko on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:20 am

Hey there

Look at this guy from our russian league:
(Jets DE Richardson)
http://daddyleagues.com/uflrus/player/6503317/attributes
He is on huge contract. Normally if Jets GM decide to cut or trade him it would cost him about - 8 mln dead money i guess. I always thought that bonus money are divided on portions according the contract lenght. But If we look at salaries tab in Madden menu we will mention that Savings from potential trade would be about +5 mln. I can't understand this. Any suggestions? How do you think? Is it situation like real deals when UFA gets a huge contract with big money in guarantees in first 3 years for example?  Question Question Question

_________________
My YouTube
avatar
CaptPetrenko
High School Player

Posts : 173
Join date : 2015-10-14
Age : 26
Location : Moscow

https://www.youtube.com/user/CaptPetrenko

Back to top Go down

Re: Contract Details and Penalties

Post by tru11 on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:48 am

bonus 23 mil/ 7  years = 3.3 bonus per year.
2 years already passed so 6.6 mil of bonus is already paid.

if you trade or cut him now you would get 3,3 mil cap hit to this years cap and 13.2 mil against next years cap.

you would save 5 mil this year cause his salary is 8.79m - 3.3 mil cap hit.

that 13.2 cap hit for next season is pretty high and ill advised though unless you are swimming in cap.

_________________


Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
avatar
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Posts : 5587
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 32
Location : Amsterdam, Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Contract Details and Penalties

Post by CaptPetrenko on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 11:01 am

@tru11 wrote:that 13.2 cap hit for next season is pretty high and ill advised though unless you are swimming in cap.
Wow
Thanks! My previous operations was with guys on last year of contract i think.

_________________
My YouTube
avatar
CaptPetrenko
High School Player

Posts : 173
Join date : 2015-10-14
Age : 26
Location : Moscow

https://www.youtube.com/user/CaptPetrenko

Back to top Go down

Re: Contract Details and Penalties

Post by GBDawg1 on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 11:23 am

@tru11 wrote:bonus 23 mil/ 7  years = 3.3 bonus per year.
2 years already passed so 6.6 mil of bonus is already paid.

if you trade or cut him now you would get 3,3 mil cap hit to this years cap and 13.2 mil against next years cap.

you would save 5 mil this year cause his salary is 8.79m - 3.3 mil cap hit.

that 13.2 cap hit for next season is pretty high and ill advised though unless you are swimming in cap.

Are you sure about that? I thought you took the hit in one go and it was outstanding total bonus + that year's salary.  So $16.43m cap hit + $8.79m salary.

_________________


Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
avatar
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Posts : 10792
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 57
Location : Dibden Purlieu, Hampshire

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Contract Details and Penalties

Post by tru11 on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 12:18 pm

@GBDawg1 wrote:
@tru11 wrote:bonus 23 mil/ 7  years = 3.3 bonus per year.
2 years already passed so 6.6 mil of bonus is already paid.

if you trade or cut him now you would get 3,3 mil cap hit to this years cap and 13.2 mil against next years cap.

you would save 5 mil this year cause his salary is 8.79m - 3.3 mil cap hit.

that 13.2 cap hit for next season is pretty high and ill advised though unless you are swimming in cap.

Are you sure about that? I thought you took the hit in one go and it was outstanding total bonus + that year's salary.  So $16.43m cap hit + $8.79m salary.

cap hits after trades or cuts only contain the remaining bonus.
the bonus should get split into 1 part for this season and the remaining bonus all coming in the next season.
as for salary that gets transferred to the new team and deducted from your own cap.

_________________


Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
avatar
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Posts : 5587
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 32
Location : Amsterdam, Netherlands

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum