In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Playbooks

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playbooks

Post by bigjimmyaston on Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:01 pm

Is it possible to delete plays out of your playbook without actually adding any or does that constitute a custom playbook?

I want to be like others and only use about 10 plays so thought the easy option would be to delete a load!
bigjimmyaston
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Re: Playbooks

Post by H64mmy on Sun 28 Feb 2016, 2:16 pm

@bigjimmyaston wrote:Is it possible to delete plays out of your playbook without actually adding any or does that constitute a custom playbook?

I want to be like others and only use about 10 plays so thought the easy option would be to delete a load!
pmsl lol!
H64mmy
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookiano on Sun 28 Feb 2016, 2:31 pm

It would be cool if Madden would add a statistic in that regard. They already count the most frequently called plays. So they should add this to the overall boxscore such as 3 most called plays or something so this could be more verifiable.

Madden 16 Season 3
Oakland Raiders 14-2
Kookiano
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenblue52 on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 10:27 am

I think what would be cool is if in future itinerations of Madden, as well as an hourly allocation for practice, you also got an hourly allocation for scouting your next opponent. Could have all sorts of categories, such as their 3rd down tendacies, top 3 called plays on first down, % of plays in zone coverage etc.

Not sure how it'd work and would presumably be far too much effort on EA's part anyway but would lend well to the 'simness' of our league as obviously scouting opponents is a huge part of running a team as well as forcing teams to vary their play to avoid being predictable. My favourite games are usually against div opponents as there's no such thing as money plays- we've played each other so often that we know how we all like to play and it gets far more strategic than playing someone you may only play once or twice per generation whereby you can use favourite plays to the heart's content.
Ravenblue52
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MCFCDAP on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 11:11 am

@Ravenblue52 wrote:I think what would be cool is if in future itinerations of Madden, as well as an hourly allocation for practice, you also got an hourly allocation for scouting your next opponent. Could have all sorts of categories, such as their 3rd down tendacies, top 3 called plays on first down, % of plays in zone coverage etc.

Not sure how it'd work and would presumably be far too much effort on EA's part anyway but would lend well to the 'simness' of our league as obviously scouting opponents is a huge part of running a team as well as forcing teams to vary their play to avoid being predictable. My favourite games are usually against div opponents as there's no such thing as money plays- we've played each other so often that we know how we all like to play and it gets far more strategic than playing someone you may only play once or twice per generation whereby you can use favourite plays to the heart's content.
I sometimes wish I had a "money-play"!  Not sure I'm good enough for that lol

After countless rubbish, losing seasons I finally have one to be proud of.....

M15 - Season 1 - Jaguars 14-2 - AFC South Champions
M15 - Season 2 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 3 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 4 - Jaguars 4-12
M16 - Season 1 - Jaguars 3-13
M16 - Season 2 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 3 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 4 - Jaguars 8-8
M17 - Season 1 - Jaguars 4-12
M17 - Season 2 - Jaguars 6-10
M17 - Season 3 - Jaguars 6-10 (Injury hit year)

Overall - Jaguars 77-99-0
MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 11:20 am

@Ravenblue52 wrote:I think what would be cool is if in future itinerations of Madden, as well as an hourly allocation for practice, you also got an hourly allocation for scouting your next opponent. Could have all sorts of categories, such as their 3rd down tendacies, top 3 called plays on first down, % of plays in zone coverage etc.

used to be in madden.

they took it out for whatever reason.....

can still scout though to a certain degree Very Happy

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjimmyaston on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 11:24 am

So, can I cut down my play book then? Steelers seem to have about 300 PA plays and finding the ones that actually work takes ages!
bigjimmyaston
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 11:27 am

no custom books.

you aint that old yet that you cant remember where your plays are  Razz

TWITCH
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 2:35 pm

@bigjimmyaston wrote:So, can I cut down my play book then? Steelers seem to have about 300 PA plays and finding the ones that actually work takes ages!
That's funny, the Chargers have a ton of PA plays too, none of which work  clown
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookiano on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 2:50 pm

@patriotscpfc wrote:That's funny, the Chargers have a ton of PA plays too, none of which work  clown
They urgently need to fix the OLine AI during PAs as well as the DB/LB AI on unrealistic PA-calls. It's fine if the DE comes free during a bootleg, that's the point. But any other PA you have a weirdly high amount of pressure that's just plain unrealistic and makes calling a play action a suicide mission.

Madden 16 Season 3
Oakland Raiders 14-2
Kookiano
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 3:25 pm

This thread is simply a cynical ploy by BigJim to get me to react. He knows I won't be able to help it and also knows that by getting me embroiled in another topic, it will cut down on my practice time. It's a dirty trick from a dirty Squeeler. Mission accomplished.

So, to close that off, no you can't delete plays because that is making a custom playbook.

I was talking to Jim about this yesterday and it can be difficult to remember where certain plays are. Some formations can have 12+ different base set ups and umpteen plays within them. There has been many a time when I have had to pick a random play in desperation to try to avoid a delay of game penalty. You should have 40 seconds in theory but I'm sure that like me, others have noticed that this isn't always the case. Often the playclock is ticking and the menu hasn't appeared and you are frantically pressing X to try to get the damn thing up, when all of a sudden, not only has it appeared but you have also selected the first play on the screen by having pressed X. So then you are either stuck with it, or whatever audibles you can change to, or take a time out.

The o-line thing we have debated before and I recall tru and I exchanged a number of posts about it. tru says that if your QB has a low PA rating then you can pretty much forget about throwing a PA, because not only will the D-Line crash the line and descend upon your hapless QB at a rate of knots, but the LBs and DBs will probably come through too, along with the chain crew. My view was that such a suggestion was ludicrous: why would Joel Bitonio and Alex Mack's legs suddenly turn to jelly because after coming out of the huddle they think "Oh no! The coach has called a PA Pass!"

However, II have to say the evidence seems to bear this out. Some teams manage to succeed with PA passes and for others it's a nightmare. I try the odd one now and again but by and large have given up because I know what is coming.

This is a complete reversal of Madden 15, where PA passes were abused and this was what led to the rule as it stands today over 3rd down PA passes. PA passes would be happening on 3rd & 10 + and the defenders would be trying to besiege the QB. "It's a run! It's a run! Yes I can see he didn't hand the ball off, but it's still a run! Oh. It wasn't a run".

It appears that EA have over-fixed this.

Back to the playbooks and I have a few favourite plays that sometimes work and sometimes don't. But I mix this up with what used to be "Ask Madden" and is now the coaching suggestions. In there you will find that they will back up their play selection with something like "Broncos run cover 1 on x% of 3rd downs" or something like that.

The community suggestions used to be helpful but I don't know what's wrong with them this Madden, but they are useless. Mine always want me to blitz on defense for the most part and the 2 minute offense is a joke. You might be on your own 5 yard line and have a minute left to get downfield for a TD to level the scores and it will come up with "FB dive" or "01 Trap" or other useless running plays. The coaching one does mix it up nicely though and it seems to better recognise when it's time critical.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyE88 on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 3:55 pm

Oline only collapses like this due to sliders we are using.

Unless tru goes through one by one to see which one is causing it?

But again tru said it could effect something else so if tru can figure out which one it is we can try week 4 see if makes a different otherwise put it back

17 AFC EAST Titles
6 AFC Conference titles
6 SB Appearances
SB 24 Champion
1 NFC East Title

PS3-PS4(2014) Record
Twitch Tv
UStream
NEW YOUTUBE

23/07/17
MattyE88
Moderator & League Detective

http://www.twitch.tv/mattye88

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 6:48 pm

Its already at a point where its pretty usefull if you have the QB to run and you do it when its least expected.

If someone plays the pass all the time you can forget about PA.

A QB with high PA will buy you a few seconds to make the throw.

i can up the pass blocking but then you would have more time on normal plays as well.
i can lower pass reaction time but then again it will make defense over all less usefull.
i can up the QB accuracy but then anyone can throw accurate passes.

many things can be done but i personally dont feel PA is that big of deal breaker that it should be fixed while breaking other stuff.

thats madden.
fix 1 thing break everything else.

TWITCH
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 7:02 pm

I tend to agree. We are halfway through the series now so I don't see the point of tinkering with things any further.

YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 8:12 pm

If we was making a fix, it would be CPU pass accuracy.

I had a Punter complete 75% of his throws against me the other day including one where he avoided a sack and threw across his body against all mechanical logic and got a first down..!

I'd say leave the PA, I don't even bother attempting it anymore.

Representing the Houston Texans in Madden 17
@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 7:00 am

@patriotscpfc wrote:If we was making a fix, it would be CPU pass accuracy.

I had a Punter complete 75% of his throws against me the other day including one where he avoided a sack and threw across his body against all mechanical logic and got a first down..!

well i was asking about feedback about the last patch but nobody bothered so......

TWITCH
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookiano on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 12:44 pm

@tru11 wrote:

well i was asking about feedback about the last patch but nobody bothered so......
The problem he's addressing has probably not been noticeable until just now during the preseason since that's the first time since the patch anyone has played the CPU with our CFM sliders. Question

Madden 16 Season 3
Oakland Raiders 14-2
Kookiano
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 2:22 pm

@Kookiano wrote:
@tru11 wrote:

The problem he's addressing has probably not been noticeable until just now during the preseason since that's the first time since the patch anyone has played the CPU with our CFM sliders. Question

well we are already in week 4 and i think quite a few people played CPU but none had anything worth mentioning i guess....

TWITCH
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 2:34 pm

I can't say I have noticed much difference. My line has held up reasonably well against run-of-the-mill plays, but I have tried a couple of PAs and just about got the ball off (no completions) before being flattened.

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mishgek on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 2:50 pm

I played against punter cpu. He done a couple completes in three quarters or so.

mishgek
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyE88 on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 3:01 pm

I gave info lol

17 AFC EAST Titles
6 AFC Conference titles
6 SB Appearances
SB 24 Champion
1 NFC East Title

PS3-PS4(2014) Record
Twitch Tv
UStream
NEW YOUTUBE

23/07/17
MattyE88

http://www.twitch.tv/mattye88

Back to top Go down

Post by patriotscpfc on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 3:01 pm

@tru11 wrote:
@Kookiano wrote:
@tru11 wrote:

well we are already in week 4 and i think quite a few people played CPU but none had anything worth mentioning i guess....
I thought you'd be bored of my complaining!

CPU games are over now anyway (hopefully)

Representing the Houston Texans in Madden 17
@cpfcpatriot on Twitter
patriotscpfc
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 3:34 pm

lol no complaining/feedback means everything fine in my book which is a good thing to me  Razz

played week 1 against CPU cards and they got rekt so i need you guys to fill me in on your experiences hehehhe

TWITCH
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 4:31 pm

@tru11 wrote:rekt
scratch study

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:05 am

passing seems easier to me.

TWITCH
tru11