Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

The Idiot's Guide to the EAFL Site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Idiot's Guide to the EAFL Site

Post by GBDawg1 on Sat 14 Nov 2009, 8:49 am

I have decided to create an "Idiot's Guide to the EAFL Site", because I am getting a lot of pm's asking me questions about various matters where the information is already posted on the site. So in an effort to save myself some time, please browse around, because I think just about everything you need to know is on here somewhere: it's just a case of finding it.

1. Calendar (next to the Home button).

Contained in here are the dates for all games and any other events. If you are not sure what the deadline for a game is, this will tell you the date; the official deadline for each week's games is 10 pm UK time Saturdays and Tuesdays.

2. Scrolling Banner

I will update this regularly with various announcements. Please don't ignore it.

3. Announcements Section

As it says, this is where I will post various announcements. In order to keep it tidy, the only people who can post in here are the moderators (Donniebrasco72, Tru11, MattyE88, Bapminister and GBDawg1). Please check this section from time to time, particularly if you see from the forum icon that there has been a new post (the icon changes colour if there is - the key is at the bottom of the home page).

4. Sign Up Section

This is where new members and guests sign up and apply to take control of a team. There is also a list of available teams, which I will keep updated. As with any other sections of the forum, in order to post here you need to register.

5. League Rules

Self-explanatory, you must read this. If you don't and you then flout the rules, you will leave yourself open to warnings and/or bans. I'm afraid ignorance is no excuse. They are there for a reason: so that everyone can get enjoyment from this league. We will have players of varying abilities, but if you are one of the better players and are seen to be rubbing opponents' noses in it by running up the score, for example, you'll get sanctioned and possibly booted. You have been warned.

6. General Discussion

This covers just about everything and includes a section on NFL chat. If you want to talk about anything not covered by any of the other threads, post it in here.

7. Draft, Free Agents and Trades

This section covers the signing of Free Agents (also refer to the rules) Trades and the Draft. Don't go signing anyone from free agency or making trades until you understand what you have to do. In respect of trading, players can negotiate trades, once two players have agreed upon a trade, they must notify Tru11 of the trade. He will decide whether the trade is deemed to be fair value and once he has posted it in the trades thread it is considered a "done deal". Transferring the actual players is to be done through the Madden trade screen or through Daddyleagues.

8. Weekly Matchups, Game Arrangements and Reports

Again, fairly self-explanatory, but:

a) Weekly Matchups. I will post the week's games in here in advance of each week so owners can plan ahead.

b) We prefer you to use the Weekly Matchups thread to fix your game with your opponent. In here, it's visible to all.

c) Game Reports. Each HOME team is required to compile a game report (obviously if you are the away team and you are playing the CPU, then you'd need to do it then as well). It doesn't have to be an essay; if you are not sure what to do then take a look at some of the others on the site to get some ideas. People do read them and it's part of the fun to see how the game played out, the turning points and so on.

9. Standings & Owners' List

I will update the standings after each week's games have been concluded. You can also see the owners in this list (but you may want to double check the sign up thread in case we've had any new owners join).

--
A couple of other things:

If you cannot get hold of an opponent, you must let me know (or another committee member if I am not around) and I will try to make contact with them.

Lastly, don't forget to check your personal messages. The toolbar by the main banner will tell you whether you have any new pm's or not (you have to be logged in of course).

I hope I've covered everything.

Last edited by GBDawg1 on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 11:41 am; edited 6 times in total

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Idiot's Guide to the EAFL Site

Post by GBDawg1 on Fri 20 Nov 2009, 3:54 pm

I found that I hadn't covered everything. Many people are not checking their pm's. One of the problems with this site is that the screen doesn't refresh automatically, so if you are expecting a pm, or are chatting on a thread, remember to refresh your page regularly to see whether anything else has been posted or you have received a pm.

Also, you can tell whether someone has read a pm you've sent or not. If it's still in your outbox, it hasn't been read. If it's in your sent box, it has.

Hope that helps.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top