None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Rule Suggestions

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rule Suggestions

Post by tru11 on Sat 14 Mar 2015, 1:00 am

manidifata wrote:
tru11 wrote:not everyone is experienced enough to truly understand a players value in madden nor does everyone even know about how things like progression and such work.

till this day im getting pms asking what will happen if a player is in his last year but it says he is not interested and thus I have to explain the risk of trading for such a player and what other options there are.

simply put just scroll up and see where you asked a 1st rounder for an 83 speed receiver who soon would be somewhere around 70 speed next season.

in real life a 83 speed receiver is probably worth a 6th rounder at most yet you still ask a 1st rounder for him....

see and this right here is why its funny you use madden value for your players but when trading for someone else player it should be real life value.

But I will meet you half way and from now on when it comes to your players I will be looking at their real life value when reviewing trades.
If other people also want their players to reviewed based on their real life value then they can be free to say so.

Everyone else I will keep reviewing them based on their value in madden.

Tru, i really liked what you wrote in the first rows of your message. That would be your duty. Explain what progression is, the real value of a player, last year of contract and how penalties impact players etc...etc...
But once you did it, the final say why shouldn't be on the coach? Why, after you brilliantly explained how i will pay in cap penalty and all the other stuffs, i couldn't be able to do the trades i want, knowing it all?

my duty is to make sure no team is destroyed by its coach in the event that coach might be out of the league for whatever reason and nobody will take that team.

also the fact that I have to explain stuff when people propose trades or that I have to ask if they are sure outlining several details is reason enough why we cant leave it up to coaches themselves.

also someone of you are better then others in selling their players and not everyone can see through it.

you for instance wont mention nelson speed has dropped to 83 and that it will drop to 70 ish but rather will focus on how high his RR catch and such are and in that way could easily fool someone into believing a 1st rounder is proper value while in reality a 3rd/4th rounder is probably more appropriate in madden value while a 6th rounder is probably closer to real life value.

its no difference then stang and his speed is everything argument and his lately my player got 99 confidence argument in which he tries to up a players value.

there are a few others who like these kind of tactics as well and those who remember scouse know what a pro he was in selling players way above their value lol

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MCFCDAP on Sat 14 Mar 2015, 7:59 am

I can only agree with Tru and what he does!

In the 1st season i agreed a trade with Stang for Fitzgerald, and me not having the time or really dedicating my life too much to Madden, didnt realise his speed would drop so harshly!

If it was left to me id have agreed a 2nd and 3rd for Fitz n Powers but on Tru's intervention i got the deal for a 2nd and 6th so i got Fitz for the 6th rounder he was worth for his expected drop in ability and his large salary hit!

Trades in the NFL are loads different, arguments can take place and people can just have bad relationships, that cant be recreated and that always seems to lower trade value n often leads to players being cut. Look at T Rich, who of us would cut him ,or somethin similar, after trading a 1st rounder? Nobody is the answer, we'd all want something back n probably a 2nd rounder!!

Its the reason FA isnt very good here because no-one lets stars leave whatever the cost, and trades have become less prominent because of the value we all have for players!

Tru does a great job, with a greater understanding of the way Madden works and the way some of us think so i for one am against Mani's proposal

After countless rubbish, losing seasons I finally have one to be proud of.....

M15 - Season 1 - Jaguars 14-2 - AFC South Champions
M15 - Season 2 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 3 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 4 - Jaguars 4-12
M16 - Season 1 - Jaguars 3-13
M16 - Season 2 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 3 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 4 - Jaguars 8-8
M17 - Season 1 - Jaguars 4-12
M17 - Season 2 - Jaguars 6-10
M17 - Season 3 - Jaguars 6-10 (Injury hit year)

Overall - Jaguars 77-99-0
MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by bp_brien on Sat 14 Mar 2015, 11:16 pm

If people are going to run clock, can they please use the chew clock function so we dont have to suffer through the whole thing. Because if there is anything worse than having 24 points unanswered points scored on you in the first half it is watching the clock count down from 40 to 1 from the beginning of the third quarter in a seemingly never ending 12 minute drive of runs up the middle
bp_brien
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by manidifata on Sat 14 Mar 2015, 11:52 pm

bp_brien wrote:If people are going to run clock, can they please use the chew clock function so we dont have to suffer through the whole thing. Because if there is anything worse than having 24 points unanswered points scored on you in the first half it is watching the clock count down from 40 to 1 from the beginning of the third quarter in a seemingly never ending 12 minute drive of runs up the middle

Bp, sorry, what's the chew clock?
manidifata
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

http://www.thegridirongamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 8:32 am

Look at the bottom of your playcalling screen. Chances are that is says "Tempo: Normal". Press L1 and it goes into Chew clock mode. What this means is that the time winds down beyond the 20 second chew clock as you go to get your play off.

Be advised though that there is no time for any adjustments, especially when your QB ambles up to the line like he was out on a Sunday afternoon stroll, as mine tends to.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manidifata on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 9:19 am

GBDawg1 wrote:Look at the bottom of your playcalling screen. Chances are that is says "Tempo: Normal". Press L1 and it goes into Chew clock mode. What this means is that the time winds down beyond the 20 second chew clock as you go to get your play off.

Be advised though that there is no time for any adjustments, especially when your QB ambles up to the line like he was out on a Sunday afternoon stroll, as mine tends to. 

thanks!
manidifata
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

http://www.thegridirongamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xipie on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 11:13 am

GBDawg1 wrote:Look at the bottom of your playcalling screen. Chances are that is says "Tempo: Normal". Press L1 and it goes into Chew clock mode. What this means is that the time winds down beyond the 20 second chew clock as you go to get your play off.

You can make the QB jog to the LOS instead of the casual I'm a QB and I'm so cool stroll by pressing X after breaking from the huddle.

• 2 time NFC Champion

S32 Atlanta Falcons
Xipie
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 12:18 pm

Yeah I know that. But some tend to go more quickly than others. Manziel struggles to beat the play clock if you have chew clock on.

YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 4:55 pm

think its tied down to awerenesss.

the lower it is the longer it seems to take ....

TWITCH
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 8:36 pm

Awareness for getting to the LOS? I'm not having that. You need to have awareness to remember you have to stick your hands up the center's backside? Come on Tru - pull the other one!

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 9:37 pm

lol its the only thing that makes sense to be.

flacco gets to the line alot quicker then tyrod and only difference is basicially awareness.

TWITCH
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjimmyaston on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:41 am

Is there any chance we could introduce a rule where if a game DC's you take the advantage into the next game? I.e. If you are winning by 7 your opposition lets you score a TD from the start?

How many times do you play a game that your winning only for it to dc and they you lose the restart!
bigjimmyaston
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chimpy_Nuts on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 9:20 am

Could we not remove the defensive assist features? Mainly heat seeker. You don't really need to be in position or even near the player to activate the animation. You just need to be in the general area and when the tackle button is pressed, the offensive player stops moving and waits for the defensive player to be sucked into the animation.

Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:35 pm

Heat seeker is off. It's in the settings, which are in the rules.

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyE88 on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:41 pm

Every defensive assist is off,previously play is the only AI help you get due to trying to combat constant same plays.

Only thing that does not seem to turn off is the cone and button prompt

17 AFC EAST Titles
6 AFC Conference titles
6 SB Appearances
SB 24 Champion
1 NFC East Title

PS3-PS4(2014) Record
Twitch Tv
UStream
NEW YOUTUBE

23/07/17
MattyE88