In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Rule Suggestions

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rule Suggestions

Post by MCFCDAP on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:46 am

bigjimmyaston wrote:Personally i think everyone should use the playbook that's connected to their team and we should ban adding Hot Routes to plays during games... The end

I've always said you should have to use your teams assigned playbook! Think it should be one of our main rules!

After countless rubbish, losing seasons I finally have one to be proud of.....

M15 - Season 1 - Jaguars 14-2 - AFC South Champions
M15 - Season 2 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 3 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 4 - Jaguars 4-12
M16 - Season 1 - Jaguars 3-13
M16 - Season 2 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 3 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 4 - Jaguars 8-8
M17 - Season 1 - Jaguars 4-12
M17 - Season 2 - Jaguars 6-10
M17 - Season 3 - Jaguars 6-10 (Injury hit year)

Overall - Jaguars 77-99-0
MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 11:01 am

The problem is that many people will make radical changes to their teams with lots of trades and maybe switching their defense from 4-3 to 3-4. That would render the defensive playbook useless and after all, it's YOU who is coaching the team rather than the actual HC. We've discussed this idea in the past and the majority tended to come down on the side of having flexibility over choosing which playbook they used.

Bottom line is if the Jags sacked Gus Bradley tomorrow and appointed Derrick Porritt as head coach, I'm sure that your playbook would be somewhat different from Bradley's.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fraff on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 11:13 am

I like the rule of using ur teams play book & if u do change ur scheme it is ur choice but then u should only b allowed 2 use the 3-4 or 4-3 book then I feel it also keeps it's more realistic & then ppl will draft 4 there scheme not based on speed or position & 3-4 teams won't draft 4-3 players
fraff
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 11:41 am

My $2 worth - banning hot routes is impossible and unsim. BUT, over use of hot routes is equally unsim. For me, the excessive hot routing means teams could fight fire with fire and that's a road we need to avoid at all costs.

Re using your own teams PB - i like the idea, especially as this season 49ers D and Denver O seem very popular. it would also lend itself to the sim principle in several ways, as in the NFL you would never see Seattle running the Patriots PB! Although i think even if we had a vote on this topic if there are guys who prefer the choice then it would be hard to enforce - it would need to be a high % pro unique PB's.

Bishbosh
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by MCFCDAP on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 11:48 am

GBDawg1 wrote:

Bottom line is if the Jags sacked Gus Bradley tomorrow and appointed Derrick Porritt as head coach, I'm sure that your playbook would be somewhat different from Bradley's.

I'm sure the Jags could make worse moves than making me head coach!

I know what you're saying and understand why but it leaves it open for a lot of cheesing and not very "sim" play which is what we aim to do!

I think that if its on D and you are changing from 3-4 to 4-3 then fair enough, you should be allowed that change but on offense, no, i think you should play with the team you have and the playbook you have, definitely for year 1 and then it should be a request based on draft and FA. 

If Manning retires and you draft a QB with Mike Vick style running ability then yes a request for a change should be granted but not if you choose to use a 70 OVR rated QB because he can run, instead of an established 85 Ovr QB with a good arm and a playbook that fits his style

MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 12:00 pm

I take your point but I don't think it is going to fly. There is a team playbook we have been considering banning (along with the pistol book which is already banned) because of its make-up. This would mean that the team concerned wouldn't be able to call any offensive plays at all.

We have to monitor and enforce plenty of stuff as it is: I am not crazy about the prospect of another box load of pms claiming "so-and-so was using such-and-such a book".

I'm sure if you trawl through the garbage can on the site you will be able to locate the last time this was discussed, which at a guess was a couple of years ago.

But I will come back to the fact that I am not Mike Pettine and you are not Gus Bradley. Everyone has their own ideas of which plays they would like to run and being able to choose whichever playbook suits your game gives you the freedom to do that. And in any event, the authenticity of these so-called "team playbooks" is questionable. there are plenty of plays I have never seen the Browns run and equally there are many plays that are in all the playbooks. Plus there are probably plays that teams have run in RL that are not in their so-called "team playbook". So what's authentic?

You might be getting the idea that I am not about to change this.

YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kobza on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 12:22 pm

Oh cmon guys, I ve rebuild Niners for 4-3 defence.. Whats the point to play with team playbooks?

Back to top Go down

Post by DZUBA on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 1:00 pm

LOL.
I think playbook idea will destroy the whole concept of franchise game mode or even Madden NFL. In my opinion The idea of madden to pretend that you GM or HC of NFL team, by playing your real favourite team and trying to make your favourite team better in your own opinion. I don't like Manning and I like Cam Newton and I love Broncos. For example if I get Cam into Broncos, what a point to me to stay with spread offence? I'll be sucks with Cam in spread O.
You will limit the freedom of the game, struggling with routes by banning non your team playbook.
Why should another players suffer because of another guy who play like a douche.
DZUBA
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjimmyaston on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 1:16 pm

Ok, who shall I start with (sleeves rolled up)... Here we go!

Stang - I only play for fun and not to win! The minute I play to win at all costs I will quit! I don't need to win a computer game to make myself look good or think I'm smarter than the next man! I've been to hell and back with addiction issues and madden is an escape for me and I will always play with a smile on my face win or lose! You clearly have a win at all costs attitude and you will bend the rules to suit you make you a 'better man' - good for you just don't have a dig at me because you exploit the rules!

Patsman - I watched the superbowl game and well done, I did notice however your default playbook was a custom one that you quickly changed and every play you ran with multiple hot routes therefore exposing the middle so you could run a tedious amount of cuts and slants... I wish I had time to learn all those sort of things but I don't because it really doesn't interest me!

Thanks for the other comments, I choose to play with the Steelers playbook on Offense and Defense because I consider it the right thing to do.

Maybe this league is turning into a win at all costs league, I'm not sure but I do enjoy my HONEST games with the likes of JR, Tru, George, Bish and countless others! 

The end (gets off soap box).
bigjimmyaston
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by warlow on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 1:34 pm

Well said Jimmy

WILDCAFF
warlow
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 1:40 pm

OK chaps, let's debate by all means but let's try to keep calm.

First of all: Jim - very brave of you to come out (so to speak) about your high-heeled shoe problem. I had thought you had wanted to keep that quiet but I guess it's out there now.

For what it's worth, I use the Browns defensive book, but I use a different offensive book because I like to run a tedious number of cuts and slants some of the plays in it and they aren't in the Browns playbook. I might change it again next season, because I've found another one that has the pistol cheddar quadruple cross verticals curls play in it.

I used to stick to the Browns books, but that was mostly because I couldn't be bothered to look at any others. I've only looked at a couple of others this season on offense and used one for a while, suffered 3 losses and then switched.

The thing that concerns me most is your last comment. I do agree with you in part, because the site banter is not what it once was. We will always have the contenders and the non-contenders, but everyone wants to win and there is a right and a wrong way of going about it. All I would say James is that the integrity of the league will be upheld.

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MCFCDAP on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 2:12 pm

I remember a similar debate I had with a fellow member about the whole playing to win and for fun thing (peanut gallery members stand together) and I do still agree that the best games are with those who don't "bend rules" to win, but I also think this Madden and the better D make it a much better and closer game with most.

Some still do know the little tricks and "holes" in the AI but those are the ones I'd prefer to avoid playing often, and people will always use those once they know them.

I feel the integrity is always upheld in this league, its what makes it so much better than the others, but some do still stretch boundaries for there own self-satisfaction.

I for one, play for fun, i enjoy the couple of hours a week away from the real world where you can compete and enjoy the game and if you win its just a bonus and I feel my division is one of the best for that, the AFC South is 4 guys at similar levels and I can happily say i've never not enjoyed a game against any of them! Smile

MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 2:30 pm

Down in New Orleans, the new season shall be heralded in by loud music pumping through the speakers during offensive drills. The main songs will be:

Slant No1 - Spandau Ballet
I Missed A Curl - Katy Perry
Please Cheese Me - The Beatles
01 Rat Trap - Boomtown Rats
Hot Route In The City - Billy Idol

Dawg's 'pistol cheddar quadruple vert curl' is being worked on.

Joking apart, Dap is right - once people know the AI tricks they will run them, kinda hard to police that, unfortunately. And M15 is easily the best Madden game for some years.

Bishbosh
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjimmyaston on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 3:02 pm

You do make me laugh Bish! 

I apologize for spilling out my frustrations but fair play always wins in my book! 

Right, things are going to cheese, I mean change round here! The Steelers are going for an 8-8 season...
bigjimmyaston
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 4:37 pm

win at all cost will get you booted real quick.

ive managed to make cpu games a lil bit interesting so i personally wont mind a cpu game over a cheese fest.

think ive played pretty much everyone and i got a pretty good idea what everyone style is.
so if i hear complains i have a pretty good idea if their is some truth to it or not.

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 5:25 pm

tru11 wrote:win at all cost will get you booted real quick.

This is the only way to approach unsim players. In my vast experience of hundreds of years, a guy's play style is very obvious. Without action it just delays the inevitable sequence of many PM's, lots of grinding of teeth, warnings, bans etc and sometimes the boot or they quit. Maybe because i've seen quite a few of these players my tolerance level is low. But, i am yet to play a 'rogue' who has corrected his play style himself - and then the above sequence begins. 

Quite often inexperience causes a guy to play unsim and after a chat or two gets it sorted (normally new HC's to the league). But the rogues can be spotted a mile away. The admins in EAFL do a fine job and it would be a travesty if they spend ages over Pm's, warnings etc when the unavoidable will happen anyway.

Bishbosh
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by patsman1281 on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 6:57 pm

My playbook was not custom it was new orleans
patsman1281
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Stang on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 7:51 pm

manidifata wrote:
Stang wrote:Well mani is a known trade raper, he offered soon to be 75 spd Jody and bum ass House for Dan Williams and a 1st. I genuinely felt insulted.

Why?

Why everytime, you do everything to be considered a CLOWN?

Just f**k stop you're embarrassing  your self. What the hell am I going to do with a 83 spd, about to probably be 60 spd Jordy Nelson? I wouldn't give you a 7th for him, and you want a top 5 DT and a 1st? And I haven't even brought up how much of a bum House is. I never let my self get trade rapped, at least not without any lube.
Stang
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm

Just the sort of bloke I'd be looking for Mani.

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Donniebrasco72 on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 8:40 pm

Stang, correct me if I'm wrong but you want a top 15 pick for Marquise Goodwin?

He may have some speed but looks like he has hands of stone and very little else. And if he's that good, then how come he only managed 600 yards and 5 TD'S for you last season? Surely this top 15 pick would be close to the league best which is double his production?

Just sayin'.......
Donniebrasco72
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo

Back to top Go down

Post by manidifata on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 5:55 pm

After we all witnessed what the trades can be in the NFL, i ask to review the idea to have a trade moderator.

That's my proposal. 
We should have Someone that check the awareness of the owners on the financials side of the trade. But the final words about a trade should be always in Owners hands. The moderator duty would be to investigate if both part know what they are doing, in term of competitiviness of the roster and financial health. 

For Me, Nobody, i repeat, nobody can question the strategy of a coach. Nothing personal against Tru, but i think we all are experienced to know how to run a team. 
The funny thing is that i bet Most of the trades we saw in the real NFL would have been banned here. Jimmy Graham for a C and 1st? Ngata for 4th and 5th?  
Foles and picks  for Braford?? Yes or not? 

Someone told me that to change a rule i have to lobby for. With who, i ask?
If 15 people ask a change and one can say "that's what we do, if you like play like it or go home". 

That's why the biggest change would be that every new rule, also proposed from members, should be voted by the league. If you believe in democracy, why not put a rule into the vote?
manidifata
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

http://www.thegridirongamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenblue52 on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 6:28 pm

Yes they would've been stopped but that's because in the EAFL, lower round picks are largely worthless in comparison to real life. It's apples and oranges
Ravenblue52
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by manidifata on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 6:47 pm

Ravenblue52 wrote:Yes they would've been stopped but that's because in the EAFL, lower round picks are largely worthless in comparison to real life. It's apples and oranges

I saw big talents fall in 3rd and 4th round in the latest drafts....if you are required to play like apples, you should been able to trade like apples.
manidifata
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm

not everyone is experienced enough to truly understand a players value in madden nor does everyone even know about how things like progression and such work.

till this day im getting pms asking what will happen if a player is in his last year but it says he is not interested and thus I have to explain the risk of trading for such a player and what other options there are.

simply put just scroll up and see where you asked a 1st rounder for an 83 speed receiver who soon would be somewhere around 70 speed next season.

in real life a 83 speed receiver is probably worth a 6th rounder at most yet you still ask a 1st rounder for him....

see and this right here is why its funny you use madden value for your players but when trading for someone else player it should be real life value.

But I will meet you half way and from now on when it comes to your players I will be looking at their real life value when reviewing trades.
If other people also want their players to reviewed based on their real life value then they can be free to say so.

Everyone else I will keep reviewing them based on their value in madden.

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2 ,4 , 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 26  winner cheers

TWITCH
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by manidifata on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 10:34 pm

tru11 wrote:not everyone is experienced enough to truly understand a players value in madden nor does everyone even know about how things like progression and such work.

till this day im getting pms asking what will happen if a player is in his last year but it says he is not interested and thus I have to explain the risk of trading for such a player and what other options there are.

simply put just scroll up and see where you asked a 1st rounder for an 83 speed receiver who soon would be somewhere around 70 speed next season.

in real life a 83 speed receiver is probably worth a 6th rounder at most yet you still ask a 1st rounder for him....

see and this right here is why its funny you use madden value for your players but when trading for someone else player it should be real life value.

But I will meet you half way and from now on when it comes to your players I will be looking at their real life value when reviewing trades.
If other people also want their players to reviewed based on their real life value then they can be free to say so.

Everyone else I will keep reviewing them based on their value in madden.

Tru, i really liked what you wrote in the first rows of your message. That would be your duty. Explain what progression is, the real value of a player, last year of contract and how penalties impact players etc...etc...
But once you did it, the final say why shouldn't be on the coach? Why, after you brilliantly explained how i will pay in cap penalty and all the other stuffs, i couldn't be able to do the trades i want, knowing it all?
manidifata
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top