December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

#TheEAFL

Latest topics
» 92 ovr qb on the block
Today at 2:40 pm by Rodgii

» The Banned & Warnings List, Madden 18, Season 2 (Season 33 Overall)
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by GBDawg1

» Week 4 Matchups, 17-19 December
Yesterday at 1:16 pm by Donniebrasco72

» Week 3 Standings
Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:41 pm by GBDawg1

» Week 6 Matchups, 24-30 December **Note Extended Week**
Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:39 pm by GBDawg1

» Week 3 FINAL
Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:37 pm by GBDawg1

» week 3 reports
Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:04 pm by MattyE88

» Madden 18 - The Sign Up Thread for NEW and RETURNING Owners
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:09 pm by MattyE88

» Week 3 Regular Season Matchups, 13-16 December **Amended**
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:38 am by Nautilus90

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Guide of how to post Video highlights

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guide of how to post Video highlights

Post by RedskinUK on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 11:03 am

I'm going to post all the different ways you can post videos on this site or on YouTube and Facebook, Can we sticky this as it will be a step by step instructions for those that really have no idea how to do it ? I have noticed some people are doing it different to the way I do it so 1st I will show how I post then add all the ways other people are doing it to.

DOWNLOADING VIDEO FROM PS4 TO FACEBOOK AND YOUTUBE

1) You need to download an app called share factory, goto the PSN store and search for Share Factory, that's how you create the videos but it's a bit daunting at 1st but if you play around with it you soon get the hang of how to put them together. There is a good tutorial on there so do that as well.

2) Next press the share button on your PS4 controller and press the Options button, click on share settings and the click Video Clip Settings and change length of video clip to "1 minute" this is for when you want to save a particular highlight from a game it will only save the last minute of game play (makes it so much easier to edit this way)

3) Now when your playing a game all you do is press the share button and then press "square button" to "Save Video Clip", this will save the last minute of the game your playing then just press "Circle" to return to the game. It wont pause the game doing this so it doesn't interrupt game play but in Madden the clock will still tick lol

4) You click on the Share Factory app and "Start New Project" and all your recorded highlights will be there for you to begin to put together your own brand of video and how you want to put them together, it's fairly straight froward once you get used to it, you can save your project at any time to avoid messing up and having to start again but once you have finished the project you select "Export To Gallery" this will then start to render your movie.

5) Make sure your PS4 account is connected to your Facebook page by clicking "Settings" from your PS4 Home screen, select "PSN" then "Link To Other Services" and select "Facebook" to link your PS4 to Facebook, you can also link it to twitter from here as well.

6) once your video has been rendered by Share Factory you can find it from your PS4 Home screen under "Profile" then select "Capture Gallery" and this will bring up a list of files, select the "Share Factory" file and then click on "Video Clips" and your game  highlights will be there under whatever name you gave your project, select you highlights and then click the "Share button" which will bring up another screen with the Facebook logo and your video, you can add comments and change who you want to see your video (Friends, public or just you) then just click the share icon at the bottom of the screen and you video will start uploading to Facebook.

Make sure your video settings on FaceBook are set to "Public" so people without FaceBook can still see them 

Once your video has been created instead of uploading it onto Facebook you can also save it to a USB stick, Sony will soon allow players to upload video to YouTube but until that happens the only way to upload to YouTube is via a USB stick where you load it onto your PC and then upload it to YouTube that way, this does take some time for some reason as a 5 minute clip can take 4 hours to save to a USB stick. Try and use an upto date USB Flash Drive, I just bought one for £10 with 16GB memory that downloads at very fast speeds, it takes about 4 minutes to upload a 5 minute video clip onto the flash drive.

YOU CAN UPLOAD DIRECTLY ONTO YOUTUBE USING YOUR PS4, ONCE YOU HAVE MADE YOUR VIDEO PRESS THE SHARE BUTTON ON YOUR CONTROLLER AND SELECT THE VIDEO TO UPLOAD, THEN SELECT THE YOUTUBE LOGO (YOU MAY HAVE TO SIGN IN TO YOUTUBE 1ST VIA YOUR PS4) AND FOLLOW THE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS AND YOUR VIDEO WILL UPLOAD DIRECTLY TO YOUTUBE MAKING IT EASIER TO HOST ON THIS SITE.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DOWNLOADING VIDEO TO YOUTUBE USING TWITCH

Another way to post your video to YouTube (or on this site) is to do it via Twitch (live streaming channel) You have to register with Twitch to set up an account first of all. This is slightly less daunting if Share Factory is to confusing.

1) Play your game as normal but as soon as the game finishes instead of clicking "finish game" click on "view highlights" and this will bring up a list of plays from the game. Press the share button and select "broadcast gameplay" then select "Twitch" choose the title and the quality (Best HD) and click "start broadcasting"

2) Now from the highlights screen you use the left analogue stick to move between quarters and the up and down to move between plays in that quarter, the ones you are looking for have a little "play" symbol next to them, click on that on you can use various controls to play and view that highlight. Make sure the highlights you view first are in order of game time so use the left stick to move to 1st Qtr and scroll down to the 1st play with a highlight.

3 When you have finished viewing highlights click "share" and "stop broadcasting" and then sign into Twitch on your PC. From the panel on the left click "Dashboard" and under "past broadcasts" your newly made video will be there for you to watch. You can copy and paste the link in your browser to post a link on this site but I would advise you export your video to YouTube as Twitch deletes videos after a short time.

4) From Twitch under the past broadcast screen should be an "export" option, click this to simply export your video to YouTube automatically, after a while your video will be ready on YouTube where it can then be placed onto this site.

Last edited by RedskinUK on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:42 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : added YouTube upload instructions, added Twitch to YouTube upload instructions, added latest USB Flash Drive info)
RedskinUK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Re: Guide of how to post Video highlights

Post by manidifata on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 12:35 pm

thanks Jim, it will really help me to finally set my videos!
manidifata
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

http://www.thegridirongamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 12:46 pm

'Tis stickied James. Helpful post for us old 'uns.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedskinUK on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 9:52 am

Updated with how to upload video using Twitch to YouTube
RedskinUK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjimmyaston on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 2:47 pm

Thanks Jim, really helpful... Unfortunately I thought I could review the game highlights after the event and then record but it doesn't seem possible as I'm trying to do it for my game against George but looks like I missed the boat!!!
bigjimmyaston
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by MCFCDAP on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 6:50 am

Quick question....how long does it take u guys to upload to facebook?

My video was taking around 20mins n in the end it just failed

Am i doing something wrong? Its only about 3.5mins long

After countless rubbish, losing seasons I finally have one to be proud of.....

M15 - Season 1 - Jaguars 14-2 - AFC South Champions
M15 - Season 2 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 3 - Jaguars 7-9
M15 - Season 4 - Jaguars 4-12
M16 - Season 1 - Jaguars 3-13
M16 - Season 2 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 3 - Jaguars 9-7
M16 - Season 4 - Jaguars 8-8
M17 - Season 1 - Jaguars 4-12
M17 - Season 2 - Jaguars 6-10
M17 - Season 3 - Jaguars 6-10 (Injury hit year)

Overall - Jaguars 77-99-0
MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by RedskinUK on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:12 am

@MCFCDAP wrote:Quick question....how long does it take u guys to upload to facebook?

My video was taking around 20mins n in the end it just failed

Am i doing something wrong? Its only about 3.5mins long

It all depends on your upload speed from your broadband the faster the better, find your speed at http://www.speedtest.net/ Most ISP will wow you with download speed but not have a great upload speed, mines around 8-9 Mpbs so my video uploads don't take very long anymore, but before that it was around 1 Mpbs so they would take ages and fail regular.
RedskinUK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MCFCDAP on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 7:09 pm

Cheers mate, how do u improve your upload or download speed? Maybe thats a stupid question but would appreciate any advice?

My upload speeds are pathetic lol

MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by RedskinUK on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:58 am

@MCFCDAP wrote:Cheers mate, how do u improve your upload or download speed? Maybe thats a stupid question but would appreciate any advice?

My upload speeds are pathetic lol

Unfortunately the only way is to contact your ISP provider and upgrade your package at extra cost. If you can afford it get fibre optic it does the job the best now, took my video just 5 minutes to upload to to Facebook. My upload speed is now better than what my download speed was since I changed.
RedskinUK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MCFCDAP on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 5:15 pm

Do you mind if i ask who you are with? Seeing as though we live close it would probably benefit me too!

MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by RedskinUK on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 7:35 pm

@MCFCDAP wrote:Do you mind if i ask who you are with? Seeing as though we live close it would probably benefit me too!

I'm with Sky, It makes it cheaper if you have the same broadband as your TV package, so if your with BT or Virgin look into fibre optic they are all around the same speed and price and it really doesn't matter what area you live in
RedskinUK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MCFCDAP on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:38 pm

Im with Sky as well and my upload speed was less than 1!! 

Might ring them and see what they say

MCFCDAP
Pro-Bowler
Pro-Bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by RedskinUK on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 9:10 am

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/fibre-optic/

Cant do any harm, they will usually give you something free for 6 months as well
RedskinUK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RedskinUK on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 5:19 pm

Updated with USB Flash Drive info
RedskinUK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RedskinUK on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:44 pm

Bumped after adding Youtube upload instructions, there really is no excuses now not to share your game footage, it's really not that difficult to do.
RedskinUK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top