In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

NFL General Chat

Page 5 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NFL General Chat

Post by Stang on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 7:39 pm

Thai knows his stuff. I prayed Lions would do what the Lions do best and make the wrong coaching decision. Mike Zimmer would have had the Lions in the SB discussion in 2 years.
Stang
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by chambers85 on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 8:48 pm

Glad to see the vikes got a good head coach as they are my dads favorite team. i would like to see manziel go to the texans i belive they are best fit have a good d and nice running game and two good wideouts. I could also see him being a good fit for bucs or if he will go late in round two i could see the bengals or even redskins
chambers85
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by sunna77 on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 3:21 am

Manziel will go top 5. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/espn-mel-kiper-makes-johnny-manziel-first-pick-190327758--nfl.html I have no idea if hes worth it but hes is going to be fun to watch. I'm also excited to watch the new vikes coach and their new qb- no matter who it is- Vick perhaps? I bet they just take a 1st round qb- so many this year. Let's not forget the real story here- the niners march to the super bowl! Smile
sunna77
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 5:48 am

To be completely honest I think Manziel is going to be a huge bust. You can say all you want, Run first pass second QBs dont last long. lol look at RG3.... Great example......... Yes Im sure people are going to say what about Keapernick and Wilson and Newton. They can run the ball very well. But the thing is. They look down field if nothing is open then they tuck and run. While they look to run they are still looking for the WR down the field.

Madden 13 S4: NY Giants, 12-4, 3rd Seed, NFC Conference Championship Loss
Madden 25 S1: SF 49ers, 15-1, 2nd Seed, Divisional Round Loss

Madden 25 S2, 11-5, Missed Playoffs
Madden 15 S2 Buffalo Bills
http://www.twitch.tv/dbatch2
dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by thaidai84 on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 7:40 am

RG3 problem is that he doesnt run out of bounds like Kaepernick and Wilson.  He dives forward for the extra yards. Newtons dofferent as hes a truck. Also none of them are on a par with wilson for looking down the field. Hes way above the rest.

Manziel for me comes down to his temperament and his coaching. Be interesting to see what happens. But hes going high. The ceiling on him is ridiculous its worth the gamble with the new cba. Granted his floor is low as well and will get somebody fired.
thaidai84
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Donniebrasco72 on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 3:53 pm

I can just see him getting really hurt. I've seen plenty of him this past season and it's fine to run around some of these crappy college players but he'll get battered in the NFL.

Can the Browns(if the rumours are true) afford another gamble. Those fans have had coaches and GM's screw around with their team for years. They need a player that has no baggage and who really has no issues. In my opinion, a player that wants to trademark the phrase 'Johnny football' has issues. 

I hope I'm proved wrong but if he goes to the Browns then he has to face the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals D twice a year! Good luck with that one!
Donniebrasco72
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo

Back to top Go down

Post by btlrals on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 4:48 pm

The thing is, teams love to play the Steelers and Ravens D these days lol
btlrals
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Orkku2 on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 7:19 am

I think Manziel value is higher because he has a huge marketing value. No player in this draft will not ceate such a buzz than Manziel. Teams like Browns and Raiders really need a player that will make them more interesting. For example I never watch those teams games unless they play againts the Eagles. If they draft Manziel (almost) everyone wants to see what that guy is going to do. I could watch Browns or Raiders games if they pick Manziel. Of course that buzz will disappear quickly if Manziel is a bust but I really believe some team is willing to take that risk because at least that team will get more media time and are able to build hype with this guy.
Orkku2
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by sunna77 on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 3:37 am

so whos the best QB in the draft- whos the best player- whos an undiscovered star?
sunna77
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by super on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 11:21 pm

BRONCO'S Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 
 Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by chambers85 on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 5:01 am

Congrats to the seahawks but i don't belive the best team won that game . The hawks got a huge home field and it was not the 12 man
chambers85
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 6:24 am

I have to agree there was a lot of missed calls. But to 100% honest my friend. They was on both sides of the ball. The only reason you noticed the ones against the 49ers is because you are a 9ers fan. As a neutral player. I seen mistakes made on both sides of the ball. But I do admit the missed call when Bowman stripped the ball in the 4th quarter. But the thing is even with that missed call the 9ers got the ball back.

It was an amazing game, which we both new was going to come down to who made the mistake, and the 3 Turnovers (2 INTs, 1 Fumble) by Keapernick in the 4th quarther is what cost them the game. Even with a well placed pass at the end. Sherman is a monster and the leader of the LEGION OF DOOM. Which is why he made the play on the ball.

I hate to see your team lose bud. But Even with all the missed calls, non of the calls effected the score.

dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by RedskinUK on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 12:07 pm

Gotta agree with Dbatch, the officials were very poor to both sides. The Bowman incident should of been called an INT not a fumble, how can they miss that ? Luckily the football Gods evened the score with the Seattle fumble. One thing i do know is if the 49ers had Manning at QB in that 4th QTR they win that game Kap made the knid of mistakes i make all the time playing Madden lol.

RedskinUK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by chambers85 on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 4:31 pm

I'm not saying it the niners didn't win because of the offcials they had chances but. There were a few calls not going the niners way that could of changed the game. the play were davis caught the ball and was down they called incomplete then right after that the the missed roughing the punter taking outthe plant leg is a 15 yarder and first down now you tell me were there was a play that effected anything to do with the Seahawks outcome. And yes i belI've the niner didn't make the play at the end but we all know plays are hard to come bye and it just sad to see them taken away by officals that swing the game around.
chambers85
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Stang on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 5:37 pm

I've hated the Seachickens since the failmerry, so go Broncos...
Stang
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 9:58 pm

chambers85 wrote:I'm not saying it the niners didn't win because of the offcials they had chances but. There were a few calls not going the niners way that could of changed the game. the play were davis caught the ball and was down they called incomplete then right after that the the missed roughing the punter taking outthe plant leg is a 15 yarder and first down now you tell me were there was a play that effected anything to do with the Seahawks outcome. And yes i belI've the niner didn't make the play at the end but we all know plays are hard to come bye and it just sad to see them taken away by officals that swing the game around.
I know what you are saying bud, But the Davis catch is still in the air and the call could be made either way. Davis caught the ball took two steps then got lite up making the ball pop out when he hit the ground. In order for it to be a completion the WR/TE has to maintain possession of the Football throw the whole catch. Which he did not. Yes the ground caused the ball to pop out. The call came down to if he made enough forward progress in order for it to be a completely. And 2 steps was not enough. Which in my opinion that call was correct.
 The other penalty hitting the plan leg. I completely agree with you about. Like I said you seen all the missed calls against the 49ers. Did you know that a person on your sideline leveled a seattle gunner on a kickoff. Which is what happen a few years ago when one of the Jets coaching staff did the same thing. Which was the same possession the 49ers completed the TD pass to Boldin. That play would have cost the 49ers 15 yards after the kick, or even more drastic the officals could have awarded the Seahawks 7 points. This rule is called the Palpaby Unfair Act. which is defined like this Sometimes emotions can get out of hand during an NFL game. In crazy cases, the referees can enforce the "Palpaby Unfair Act" and award a team with a touchdown.
Examples of the "Palpaby Unfair Act":

• A benched player storms on the field and tackles an active player about to score.

• A coach or staff member interferes on the field.

• Players rush onto the field in the middle of a play.

• A player throws an object on the field during the middle of the play.

dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by chambers85 on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 10:15 pm

Your example of this would not have given seattle any point and yes it was a catch according to mike perera what ever his last name is davis had already established the catch and was hit causing a tackle and that should of been it plus yeah i read about the punt thing have not seen the video the person who hit him should be held responsible but for starters the dumb ass shouldn't runn that far out their
chambers85
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Stang on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:28 pm

The Davis catch was not a catch. The ball started to come out before he even hit the ground, and he didn't make a football move beforehand.
Stang
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Tue 21 Jan 2014, 2:17 am

chambers85 wrote:Your example of this would not have given seattle any point and yes it was a catch according to mike perera what ever his last name is davis had already established the catch and was hit causing a tackle and that should of been it plus yeah i read about the punt thing have not seen the video the person who hit him should be held responsible but for starters the dumb ass shouldn't runn that far out their
They only reason he ran so far out of bounds is because the guy didnt get out of the way forcing the gunner to try to go around him. Also, Mike Perera is mistaken. Ive watch the replay and Stang is correct it was never a catch, and if you watch the replay, he never had possession 100%. The ball was moving before Davis ever hit the ground. But like I said in my above post. The call could have went either way. And I think the call was correct. it was an incompletion. And obviously Coach Harbaugh though the same and never challenged the call.

dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by chambers85 on Tue 21 Jan 2014, 2:30 am

It would be a dumb challenge d why would you it still would of been 4and short but then tbe "running into the kicker lol " would have been first down. and since when is three steps not a football move.
chambers85
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Tue 21 Jan 2014, 2:37 am

So either way it would have been 4th down, so either way they would have most likely punted the ball. So really that call didnt matter either way. And I do agree that should have been called, he hit the plant leg. They did get away with a call there. But have to admit most of the time when peoples teams lose, the fan looks at all the missed calls and most of the time determine that the reason there team lost was because of those calls. Great example, Stang lol. No disrespect he does it every time his Packers lose. It was a great game to watch and I hate to see your team lose bud. But Keapernick is what cost you the game. 2 INTs, and a Fumble. in the 4th. If these never happened the 49ers would be practicing for the Superbowl right know. But like I told you before the game. It was going to come down to who made the mistakes. And Keap did

dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Stang on Tue 21 Jan 2014, 6:01 am

chambers85 wrote:It would be a dumb challenge d why would you it still would of been 4and short but then tbe "running into the kicker lol " would have been first down. and since when is three steps not a football move.
Ok so lets say it was a catch, it's still a fumble. Since the ball was coming out before he hit the ground .
Stang
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by thaidai84 on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:08 pm

Stang you want to bet on Boyd and Logan leaping Manziel??
thaidai84
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Stang on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 11:30 pm

Nick Collins says via Twitter that he wants to play in 2014. Lets just say I'm f**k down, he should be well rested! If TT lets him go elsewhere, I'll be furious.
Stang
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Stang on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 11:32 pm

No, because he's going top 5, but I will bet any amount of money that he will be a bust.
thaidai84 wrote:Stang you want to bet on Boyd and Logan leaping Manziel?
?
Stang
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top