In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Sun 10 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Introduce Yourself

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduce Yourself

Post by GBDawg1 on Sun 01 Nov 2009, 5:22 pm

Being a new forum, there's only a handful of us who know each other (and only in cyberspace) so please use this thread to introduce yourself and talk about your interests and so on.

Last edited by GBDawg1 on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby
YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

https://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

new guy

Post by stlr13 on Sun 01 Nov 2009, 9:28 pm

hi guys im new to this forum but like what i see so far,im new to madden online i started in 09 and was rubbish after about 30 games i was 5-25 so decided it was time to improve so after getting some tips from the guys who were beating me up i got a little better and finnished up about 65-60 i am currently level6 in madden10 but should be higher if it wasnt for dc glitchers they are everywhere i havnt had a loss to a glitcher but this is the main reason for trying to get into a franchise so i know a least games will get finished.
im a big rams fan but play with the steelers if i was good id play with the rams.
any of you guys want to add me you can send me an invite my psn is stlr13
stlr13
Senior

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by GBDawg1 on Sun 01 Nov 2009, 10:20 pm

Well done for getting this thread going stlr13. For the record, we're all new to this forum because at the time of writing it's only 8 days old!

Anyway, I've been playing Madden for years, but on the PC - this year is the first year I've played it on another platform and also the first year I've played it online. I didn't play it at all last year, because EA Sports ditched us pc gamers and the last Madden they made was 08. After the CEO promising that there would be a Madden 10 on pc - guess what? Shafted again! So it was a case of sticking with the PC version - and there are some clever people out there who were making modifications & rosters, uniforms and so on to keep the game up to date as best they could (that's what I liked about the pc version - that fact it could be "modded". For example, I had a patch downloaded that replaced the music with the NFL on Fox theme for football games, plus the NFL logos and so on. Can't do any of that stuff with the PS - you just rely on EA to do the updates.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the PS now, even if I'm not that good. Live in Northampton; probably older than all of you; been a Northampton Town season ticket holder since 1994; go to Cleveland just about every year to watch the Browns (God knows why). Work in the shipping industry; 3 kids (all boys) and have strong views on how American football should be played.

I've already met some good people in other franchises I'm in (and some assholes too) and this is my first stab at running a franchise. I hope it will be a success and that we don't get a lot of people who quit after a couple of losses; I'm planning to be in this for the long haul and I hope those who have joined so far will too. Remember, it's only a game, not life and death and to me this forum is just as important as playing the game itself. I hope you all enjoy the site and I'll try to keep it as up-to-date as time allows - and if anyone has any ideas for topics, feel free to start new threads and if there are any features you would like added, I'll try to add them if it's possible (I am no computer geek I can assure you!).

YouTube
It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike Hue we trust
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Donniebrasco72 on Sun 01 Nov 2009, 10:41 pm

I hope I'm one of the 'good people' Dawg and not one of the'assholes' you're mentioning! lol!
Donniebrasco72
Senior Moderator & DaddyLeagues Supremo

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sun 01 Nov 2009, 10:44 pm

You're the top banana matey!

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

About Me

Post by dbatch2 on Tue 03 Nov 2009, 8:08 am

Hey guys, how you guys doing? My name is Daniel but everyone on madden calls me DB, I'm in the united states army been in for about 5 years. Been deployed twice to Iraq. No biggie I'm home in one piece. But I'm a huge Madden fan lol its the only game i own on PS3. I'm currently lvl 14, 65-21. I played madden on ps2 before madden 2010 came out so i decided to upgrade. But to insure you all I'm here for the long run and i dig the site good to get to no the people we all are going to play.

DB
dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

http://www.twitch.tv/dbatch2

Back to top Go down

hi

Post by Guest on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 3:57 am

scousebronco 4 AFC WEST Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 12:27 pm

A man of few words, our Everton-supporting friend from Merseyside!

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammas79 on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 1:30 pm

Hello.

I'm Jaimie based down on the south coast of England near Brighton.
Lived here for a long time now, having been born in London and via three years in Abu Dhabi.

Started getting into the NFL back in the 90's with good old Gary Imlach on Channel 4. Followed the Vikings initailly as I also have Swedish roots.

Lost a bit of interest for a few years, but that was fired up again four years ago when I met my current girlfriend whom hails from Philadelphia.

Now obviously I'm an Eagles/Phillies/76ers fan. Saw a Phillies game last year and will be in Philly for Thanks Giving this year for the Redskins game at the Linc.! Can't wait.

Played Madden since around 06/07 I guess, I'm very average at it, but love the game.

I'm also a big supporter of Brighton & Hove Albion, try to keep fit-ish and work in architecture.

Thats all folks. Looking forward to the franchise and a bit og banter on here.

J
Jammas79
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 1:37 pm

From Brighton? And you've got a girlfriend? Are you sure? lol!

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammas79 on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 1:40 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

Set myself up for that didn't I!

Yes and she's called Brian.

(joking)
Jammas79
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nev-d83 on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 2:37 pm

Cannot believe there is a Brighton and Hove Albion fan on a random Madden online franchise forum....

I live in London now, but moved to Brighton from Dublin when I was 5 and lived there for about 16 years. I miss the good old days of Zamora knocking them in for fun, but when we were in the dizzy heights of the championship....

I've been playing Madden since '05 (or whichever version it was where they first added the hitstick. best update of all time), and it somewhat took over our house at uni. Since uni though I've been playing NCAA for a change of scenary, first time I've bought Madden since the the '08 version.... Massively keen to get this franchise underway!
nev-d83
Rookie
Rookie

http://twitter.com/1FightingIrish

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammas79 on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 3:40 pm

nev-d83 wrote:Cannot believe there is a Brighton and Hove Albion fan on a random Madden online franchise forum....

I live in London now, but moved to Brighton from Dublin when I was 5 and lived there for about 16 years. I miss the good old days of Zamora knocking them in for fun, but when we were in the dizzy heights of the championship....

I've been playing Madden since '05 (or whichever version it was where they first added the hitstick. best update of all time), and it somewhat took over our house at uni. Since uni though I've been playing NCAA for a change of scenary, first time I've bought Madden since the the '08 version.... Massively keen to get this franchise underway!

Ha ha

Yes, those glory days!!

They will return my friend!
Jammas79
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nev-d83 on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 4:06 pm

Ah, just realised my fellow B and H Albion fan is the Eagles...

That means I am taking you on in week 1....
nev-d83
Rookie
Rookie

http://twitter.com/1FightingIrish

Back to top Go down

Post by sped83 on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 8:43 pm

Just been practising with the Texans, first time I've played this years Madden, fair to say i'm a bit 'rusty'. 0-16 here I come.......

sped83
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by REDSKINSDAFT1976 on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 10:02 pm

hi guys. name is andy, just recently married with a baby on the way. been a redskins fan since 1985, love the nfl and the madden games. i already play in 3 other franchises. got a beautiful husky cross wolf called demon who takes me 4 a walk lol. i support man utd, and used 2 play football but just gave it up this year. tried my hand at flag football with the kirkcaldy bulls who are the scottish champs but had 2 give it up due 2 my commitments with my football team. my psn name is goal4dysart. so if u want a game just add me or send me a message, i'm on most nights.

REDSKINSDAFT1976
Pop Warner

Back to top Go down

introduction

Post by c71280raiders on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 7:03 pm

Hello

Im Colin from Sunny old Kent.
Been into the NFL since i was 7 now 28 so not bad, been a Raider fan for that whole time got a Raiders tattoo on my right leg.
I play american football in the BAFL south eastern conferance as a O lineman.
Been playing madden since the good old sega magadrive days .
Can't say im good at not got a winning record online but play in the spirit of the game probably why i lose so many but hey its supposed to fun.
Hope that covers everything
c71280raiders
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by lilstu50 on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 7:34 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Stuart from Oban in scotland.
I've been playing Madden since around 2000 back when it was on the pc.Madden 04 was definately my favourite game.Got up to around 2015 in that one with my relocated team. The mexico city express.

I'm a big Green Bay fan ever since I started watching NFL in 2002.
Notice that I played the games in 2000 and only started watching 02.I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

Well thats me

lilstu50
Pop Warner

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 7:41 pm

I still don't.

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by chambers85 on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 2:08 pm

Hey everyone my names is Adam im from a small town in Illinois in the US. I have two boys 3 and 2 and a girl on the way hope she will be here befor chirstmas. I have been playing madden since I can remeber I was like 5 or 6 but just started competitive since the ps3 has came out. Cant waite to get some games in vs a human and not the cpu.
chambers85
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by btlrals on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 8:28 pm

Hi everyone, I´m Frank from Würzburg, Germany. I´m 24 years old and hat to quit playing football like a year ago because of an knee injury. So now the only thing left is madden lol. I have been playing it since like 2005 though. I guess i´m a pretty decent player who just wants to have fun enjoying the online franchise mode and this one here looks really cool. So i´m really looking forward to meet you guys on the field.
I´m a huge Steelers fan, i guess because i do have family and friends in the pittsburgh area, but since they are already gone, i´ll give it a shot with the jets.
so good luck everyone and have fun
btlrals
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Donniebrasco72 on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 8:40 pm

Welcome to the franchise Frank
Donniebrasco72

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 9:09 pm

Seemed like a nice guy - then he blew it with the Steelers fan bit

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by btlrals on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 9:33 pm

haha sorry, but i´m going to keep my fingers crossed for the browns tonight! don´t want the ravens to get back into the race again
btlrals
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sat 06 Feb 2010, 10:39 am

Reminder for new owners. Please tell us about who you are!

YouTube
It's all about money.
GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top