Excessive Quarterback Drop Backs

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Excessive Quarterback Drop Backs

Post by adundeemonkey on Thu 24 Feb - 16:38

Right, i posted here being constructive and explaining why some people drop back. Then others thought it would be an idea to start taking shots. So what am i supposed to do? Just take it and not defend myself?

Madden 12 Season 3 Prediction: 9-7

adundeemonkey
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazor4 on Thu 24 Feb - 19:15

thaidai84 wrote:Im out the league for 2 days and forgotten already. Think you'll find my saints led the league in yards Razz last year. Year before as well I think Very Happy

who's this new guy?

Shazor4
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by RedskinUK on Thu 24 Feb - 19:50

I dont think its fair that i have been named and shamed in this thread, that should not of been included. Yes i did drop back like you said Monkey, it was a panic move and i didn't even realize i had done it until you pointed it out and i sincerley apologized at the time.

I dont take this game seriously enough to cheese coz i really dont care if i lose every game, but now i feel like everyone will be using me as an example for one mistake, but at least i know that our game next week will be as clean as a whistle with no excessive screans, blitzes or TE posts. Wink

RedskinUK
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Thu 24 Feb - 20:15

dont care what anyone says lol, Im throwing to my TE, He maybe a blocker at times, but if TEs can catch the ball im throwing to them. Look at Indianapolis Colts, Dallas Clark is Manning's go to guy and yes before he was injured he led the colts in yards and receptions. I just dont see the big deal about throwing to your backs. I normally dont that much. But everything on madden can be stopped. Just have to make the adjustments on your Defense to do so. Most players just pick a play and go with it. If the TE or the HB is burning you for 10 yards every catch there is adjustments you can make to prevent it. Im a huge fan of if a team cant stop a play why change what you are doing. Dont make sense lol

Madden 13 S4: NY Giants, 12-4, 3rd Seed, NFC Conference Championship Loss
Madden 25 S1: SF 49ers, 15-1, 2nd Seed, Divisional Round Loss

Madden 25 S2, 11-5, Missed Playoffs

dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by adundeemonkey on Thu 24 Feb - 20:46

Skins, as you seen i only used you as an example off panicking and said you didnt mean it at all do it on purpose and didnt do again. Sorry for dragging you into it.

Madden 12 Season 3 Prediction: 9-7

adundeemonkey
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenblue52 on Thu 24 Feb - 21:48

Children, children!

Ravenblue52
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by thaidai84 on Thu 24 Feb - 22:39

Think this thread was about people using an obvious exploit to take advantage of the game. In real life if a qb dropped that far back he wouldn't get anywhere. Basically what Donnie is getting down to it's just a game. You take time out of your day to play and the last thing you need is to spend an hour and a half of your life with somebody taking the Mick. You can tell when it's the odd s*** s*** WTF is going on play when it's 1 out of 60 snaps. Everybody has their "faults" when they play but a bit of sporting behaviour wouldn't go amiss. As I've sounded quite reasonable I'll end with a childish comment.

If people like winning that much they should play offline on amateur lol

thaidai84
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Emevas on Thu 24 Feb - 22:47

dbatch2 wrote:dont care what anyone says lol, Im throwing to my TE, He maybe a blocker at times, but if TEs can catch the ball im throwing to them. Look at Indianapolis Colts, Dallas Clark is Manning's go to guy and yes before he was injured he led the colts in yards and receptions. I just dont see the big deal about throwing to your backs. I normally dont that much. But everything on madden can be stopped. Just have to make the adjustments on your Defense to do so. Most players just pick a play and go with it. If the TE or the HB is burning you for 10 yards every catch there is adjustments you can make to prevent it. Im a huge fan of if a team cant stop a play why change what you are doing. Dont make sense lol

Because it's a game and it's meant to be fun. Running the same play over and over isn't fun.

Emevas
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Fri 25 Feb - 6:27

Emevas wrote:
dbatch2 wrote:dont care what anyone says lol, Im throwing to my TE, He maybe a blocker at times, but if TEs can catch the ball im throwing to them. Look at Indianapolis Colts, Dallas Clark is Manning's go to guy and yes before he was injured he led the colts in yards and receptions. I just dont see the big deal about throwing to your backs. I normally dont that much. But everything on madden can be stopped. Just have to make the adjustments on your Defense to do so. Most players just pick a play and go with it. If the TE or the HB is burning you for 10 yards every catch there is adjustments you can make to prevent it. Im a huge fan of if a team cant stop a play why change what you are doing. Dont make sense lol

Because it's a game and it's meant to be fun. Running the same play over and over isn't fun.
I agree running the same play over and over again is no fun. this is what im talking about.Example.. If you noticed when running the ball against the opponent that one side of there D is weak, Are you going to run to there strong side or are you going to run to there weak side. ME I will smash that weak side all day. What Im saying is if I notice you never pick up my TE on a pass route most likely 80% of the time the ball will go to him. My TE is my Safety. If all my men are covered, i will hit my TE if my TE and WRs are covered i will hit my HB.

dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Emevas on Fri 25 Feb - 8:13

I agree with that sentiment, but I think there's a fine line between exploiting weakness and finding a play that seems to work and doing that over and over again.

I think in that vein, it's easy to see who the best players are and who the cheap ones are.

RedskinUK for example, nothing close to being a cheap player. He might have had one dodgy play but that happens. It's not the same as being a repeat offender

Emevas
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Fri 25 Feb - 9:16

yes i completely agree...

dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Fri 25 Feb - 12:39

THE EAFL IS ABOUT PLAYING MADDEN IN A WAY THAT REFLECTS HOW THINGS GO IN THE NLF.

Now for those who might not know it but madden is a game with lots of problems. There are alot of glitches and money plays and ways to abuse the AI or take advantage of bad programming in this game.

To make sure people dont use these things we put rules in place.
also we asked from the owners themself to be a good sport and dont run up the score and things like that.

I think the rules we have still give a lot of freedom to owners to still do what they like. There could be so much more restrictions that can be put in place to guaranteed a clean game by both owners.

And coming back to what you said dbatch that if you find a weakness and then keep exploiding that weakness i dont think that is being a good sport.
the game will give you limitation to what you can adjust on both offense and defense. Also not everyone is as good in madden as the other or put as much time in madden as another. So what 1 player can stop easily might not be the same for another.

This should alse be taken in consideration when you call plays cause this should be fun for everyone and not just for the one who wins.

If winning is that important that you need to resort to things im pretty sure its not in the spirit of the EAFL.

1 more note : when playing catch up i can understand you will use more or less what is working for you but when you have a 2 score lead i expect most owners to go and mix it up way more.

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2,4,5 and 7,11, 12, 14 winner cheers

tru11
Head Coach, Master Tactician & Trades Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatch2 on Fri 25 Feb - 18:28

Sad im a bad sport? Just thought i was playing the game as the NFL plays the game

dbatch2
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 on Fri 25 Feb - 18:39

lolz im just using what you said as an example, not saying your are doing it lmao.

its not a black or white way of determing who does it or not though.
i leave that up to those playing the game to determine if they do it or if there opponent does it.

and what im trying to say is that in the nfl if you run the same thing 5 times in a row it will most likely have a different outcome each time , while in madden the outcome is pretty much programmed and the results will pretty much be the same.

Owner of the 19-0 season Very Happy

Super Bowl 2,4,5 and 7,11, 12, 14 winner cheers

tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Sat 26 Feb - 19:16

As Tru rightly pointed out, I am the only one who can moderate this section of the forum and as he correctly guessed, I'm unimpressed with some of the stuff that has been posted here and we have been weighing up what to do about it. There are some borderline cases but there are also clear cases of trash talking. Everyone on here should have read the rules and even if they had only given them a cursory glance, they would have seen that the very first rule of the site is "no trash talking."

This always seems to happen when I am away for a few days. Clearly I must go away less often. The verdicts will be in the Banned and Warnings list later.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby

It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike we trust
Chimpy_Nuts wrote:Hope you don't decide to go

Bishbosh wrote: I actually think the Browns may do ok this season, Weeden will be alright i think.

GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

http://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Mon 27 Jun - 20:40

I am still getting complaints about people doing this and also throws across the field.

However, I can do nothing without any video evidence. If you send video evidence to the committee, we will act.

I am hoping that M12 sorts these things out, but I suspect I might be hoping for too much.

Twitter: @GeorgeBransby

It's all about money.
In Paul Blanton Nick Forrest Dick Sam Marty Bud Jim Bill Chris Butch Terry Romeo Eric Pat Chud Mike we trust
Chimpy_Nuts wrote:Hope you don't decide to go

Bishbosh wrote: I actually think the Browns may do ok this season, Weeden will be alright i think.

GBDawg1
League Founder
League Founder

http://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintsBUK on Sun 3 Jul - 15:36

Well i find that the problem with evidence is hard to come by when you can not create a highlight on most plays which is a bum because people are winning games sometimes by dropping back 15+ yards with no Pressure then just float it or bullet it to there WR or RB.

Like my game someone done it but i didn't just lose because of that i had a shocker but after that play i could not be arsed to even attempt to play properly if someone gonna use it to there advantage. so towards the end i was no huddling because just wanted the game over. And it don't just happen 1 time it happens a few plays a game and 80% of the time it gets yards.

So what im saying is that do the Honorable thing play fair and just don't do it. Its Simple

Very Happy

NFC EAST CHAMPIONS 11-5 Season 1 Giants
NFC EAST SEASON 2 9-7 Giants

Season 3 NFC SOUTH 3-13 Saints
Season 4 NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS 11-5

SaintsBUK
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown on Sun 3 Jul - 16:15

I think sometimes the problem is, (and I've been guilty of it a couple times) dropping back really far without even realising it, most of the time I'm fine but I think it is easy to drop back excessively without wanting to.

TheBrownTown
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazor4 on Sun 3 Jul - 16:38

Lol Buk, you might want to get your eyesight checked if you think my dropbacks were 15+ yards.

Shazor4
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintsBUK on Sun 3 Jul - 16:41

TheBrownTown wrote:I think sometimes the problem is, (and I've been guilty of it a couple times) dropping back really far without even realising it, most of the time I'm fine but I think it is easy to drop back excessively without wanting to.
Agree

NFC EAST CHAMPIONS 11-5 Season 1 Giants
NFC EAST SEASON 2 9-7 Giants

Season 3 NFC SOUTH 3-13 Saints
Season 4 NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS 11-5

SaintsBUK
High School Player

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top